Monroe County, Michigan Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Monroe County Courthouse
106 E 1st St.
Monroe, MI 48161
Phone: (888) 354-5500
LDS Cemetery Records
Vol. 1 page 16 - St. Mary's Cemetery, at Monroe
- Monroe County Historical Museum
- Monroe in History - A collection of Civil War letters and historical photographs
- River Raisin Battlefield Visitors Center
Civil War service men from Monroe County served in various regiments. Men often joined a regiment or a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are the military units that were formed in or had many men from Monroe County.
- - 17th Regiment, Michigan Infantry, Companies C and i
Bygones of Monroe: Glimpses of Life in Monroe County History Taken from Area Newspapers.
- Michigan Birth Registrations, 1867-1902 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of child, birthdate and place, if still-born, illegitimate or twin, gender, race and record number.
- Michigan Marriage Registrations, 1868-1925 -- Free name indexes at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as names of bride and groom, date of license, ages, race, residences, birthplaces, occupations and names of the fathers of the bride and groom.
- Michigan Death Registrations, 1867-1897-- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of deceased, date and place of death, gender, color, marital status, age in years, months and days, disease or apparent cause of death, birthplace, names and occupations of parents, and the date the record was made.
- Laurant Durocher Account Books, an active citizen in the founding of Frenchtown, later known as Monroe, Michigan.
Societies and Libraries
- Daughters of the American Revolution - Nancy DeGraff Toll Chapter
- Genealogical Society of Monroe County
- Monroe County Library System - Genealogy
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).