Montgomery County, Kansas Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Montgomery County Courthouse
217 E Myrtle; PO Box 446;
Independence, KS 67301
County Clerk has birth and death records 1886-1911.
Probate Court has marriage and probate records from 1870.
Clerk District Court has divorce and court records from 1870.
Register of deeds has land records from 1870. 
- 1867--Montgomery County was created 26 February 1867 from Wilson County. County seat: Independence 
- For information about Civil War records see Wilson County.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Montgomery County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Montgomery County, Kansas page 253, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).