Montgomery County, Mississippi Genealogy
Guide to Montgomery County Mississippi genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1871 - Montgomery County was organized on May 13, 1871. It was carved from Choctaw and Grenada counties.
County seat: Winona 
1903--Some records were lost.
Places / Localities
For tips on accessing Montgomery County, Mississippi Genealogy census records online, see: Mississippi Census.
- Family Maps of Montgomery County, Mississippi Genealogy (land patent maps) at HistoryGeo.com ($). Free surname search.
Mississippi tax records replace missing censuses and provide lists of residents during years between censuses. There may be gaps of several years. For more information, see Mississippi Taxation.
- 1892-1928 - Montgomery County Marriage Books 8-12 Index 1892-1928 in International Genealogical Index at FamilySearch - free.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Montgomery County, Mississippi page 381, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/b/be/Igimississippij.pdf.