Montgomery County, Ohio Genealogy
|Montgomery County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Address|| Montgomery County Courthouse|
451 W. 3rd St.
Dayton, Ohio 45422
Montgomery County Website
United States Ohio Montgomery County
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Resources
- 2.1 Bible Records
- 2.2 Biography
- 2.3 Business Records and Commerce
- 2.4 Cemeteries
- 2.5 Census
- 2.6 Church Records
- 2.7 Court Records
- 2.8 Emigration and Immigration
- 2.9 Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
- 2.10 Gazetteers
- 2.11 Genealogy
- 2.12 History
- 2.13 Land and Property
- 2.14 Maps
- 2.15 Military
- 2.16 Naturalization and Citizenship
- 2.17 Newspapers
- 2.18 Obituaries
- 2.19 Periodicals
- 2.20 Probate
- 2.21 Public Records
- 2.22 Repositories
- 2.23 Taxation
- 2.24 Vital Records
- 3 Web Sites
- 4 Places
- 5 References
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Hamilton County 24 March 1803.
- County Seat: Dayton
- Neighboring Counties: Montgomery County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in Miami (north) · Warren (south) · Preble (west) · Greene (east) · Darke (northwest) · Butler (southwest) · Clark (southeast)
See an interactive map of Montgomery County boundary changes.
Business Records and Commerce
- Beavertown Cemetery, Kettering
- Calvary Cemetery, Moraine
- Dayton Memorial Park, Butler
- Willow View Cemetery, Dayton
1820 Census of Montgomery County. Many early residents of Montgomery County migrated north to Miami County.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Archives, Libraries, and Museums
Miami Valley Genealogy Index is an Index to more than a half million pointers to records all over Miami Valley including Montgomery County.
Land and Property
- Civil War
Civil War service men from Montgomery County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Montgomery County.
- - 1st Independent Battery, Ohio Light Artillery, a battery is like a company in an artillery regiment.
- - 4th Regiment, Ohio Cavalry, Company H
- - 113th Regiment, Ohio Infantry, Company I
Naturalization and Citizenship
A wiki article describing an online collection is found at:
Montgomery County Courthouse
41 North Perry
Dayton, OH 45422-0002
Clerk Court has divorce and court records;
Probate Judge has birth, marriage, death and
probate records; County Recorder has land records
Family History Centers
Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), [FHL book 973 D27e 2002]. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "HBG" defined multiple times with different content
- Wikipedia contributors, "Montgomery County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montogomery_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).