Montgomery County, Texas Genealogy
Adopted by TXGenWeb Montgomery County TX
Jane Keppler & Jean Smoorenburg
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Societies and Libraries
- 5 Web Sites
- 6 References
1837--Montgomery County was created 14 December 1837 from Washington County.
County seat: Conroe 
Montgomery County was named for Andrew Jackson Montgomery  (1801–1863), an adventurer, businessman, soldier, and surveyor,
Places / Localities
- Towns and Cities: Conroe | Cut and Shoot | Houston | Magnolia | Montgomery | Oak Ridge North | Panorama Village | Patton Village | Roman Forest | Shenandoah | Splendora | Stagecoach | Woodbranch | Woodloch | Willis
- Unincorporated Areas: Dobbin | Imperial Oaks | New Caney | Porter | Tamina | Spring | The Woodlands
A History of Montgomery County, Texas, by William H. Gandy. Digitized book on line at archive.org.
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the Texas Genweb site
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
- TEXAS GenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Handbook of Texas Online (Texas State Historical Association, 2010).