Mora County, New Mexico Genealogy
Guide to Mora County New Mexico genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Mora County, New Mexico|
Location of New Mexico in the U.S.
|Founded||February 1, 1860|
|Address|| County Courthouse |
PO Box 360
Mora, NM 87732
Mora County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
PO Box 360
Mora, NM 87732
County Clerk has marriage and probate records from 1891, and land records from 1825; District Court Clerk has divorce and court records.
- Up until 1821 - New Spain controlled land that later would become New Mexico and Arizona. Some records of early settlers may have been sent to an archives in Seville, Spain, or to archives in Mexico City.
- From 1821 until 1846 - Mexico had jurisdiction over the land that later would become New Mexico and Arizona. Some records of this period may have been sent to archives in Mexico City. Starting in 1846 United States forces occupied New Mexico during the Mexican-American War.
- 1848 - Land that became Mora County formally became a part of the United States when the Mexican-American War ended with ratification of the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo.
Search by Cemetery Name:
Agua Negra Cemetery, Bethel Cemetery, Buena Vista Cemetery, Calhoun Cemetery, Canada Bonita San Jose Cemetery, Casias Cemetery, Chacon Cemetery, Chacon San Antonio Cemetery, Cherry Valley Cemetery, Christmas Ranch Cemetery, Cleveland Cemetery, Cleveland Catholic Cemetery, El Carmen Cemetery, El Corazon Norteno Cemetery, El Rito Cemetery, El Turquillo Cemetery, Fort Union Cemetery, Gascon San Jose Cemetery, Golondrinas Cemetery, Guadalupita Cemetery, Halls Peak Cemetery, Hillside Cemetery, Holman Cemetery, Holman Presbyterian Cemetery, Immaculate Heart of Mary Cemetery, Jager Cemetery, Kroenig Cemetery, La Cueva Cemetery, La Morada Cemetery, La Sierra Cemetery, Laumbachs Cemetery, LeDoux Cemetery, Los Hueros Cemetery, Lovato Cemetery, Michoacan Cemetery, Montoya Cemetery, Mora Presbyterian Church Cemetery, Mora Presbyterian Cemetery, Mountain View Cemetery, Naranjos Cemetery, Nuestro Padre Jesus Cemetery, Ocate Catholic Cemetery, Ojo Feliz Cemetery, Old Sapello Cemetery, Our Lady of Guadalupe Cemetery, Paises Cemetery, Quintana Cemetery, Sacred Heart Church Cemetery - Rainsville, Sacred Heart Cemetery - Watrous, Saint Gertrude Cemetery, Saint Joseph Cemetery, Saint Vrain Cemetery, San Antonio Cemetery - Chacon, San Antonio Cemetery - Cleveland, San Antonio de Padua Morada Cemetery, San Isidro Cemetery - Holman, San Jose Cemetery - Gascon,San Jose Cemetery - Canada Bonita, San Rafael Cemetery, San Ysidro (San Yasdiro) Cemetery, Sandoval Weber Cemetery, Santa Clara Cemetery, Santa Gertrudes Cemetery, Santa Teresita Cemetery, Santisima Trinidad Cemetery, Santo Nino Cemetery, Strong Cemetery, Tiptonvillle Cemetery, Turquillo Cemetery, Watrous Sacred Heart Cemetery, Watrous Cemetery.
Search by Cemetery Location:
Buena Vista, Canada Bonita, Canon, Chacon, Cleveland, Coyote Creek State Park, Fort Union, Gascon, Golondrinas, Guadalupita, Holman, La Cueva, Le Doux, Levy, Los Cisneros, Los Hueros, Lucero, Monte Aplanado, Mora, Naranjos, Ocate, Ojo Feliz, Rainsville, Sapello, Shoemaker, South Carmen, Tiptonville, Turquillo, Valmora, Wagon Mound, Watrous.
For tips on accessing Mora County, New Mexico Genealogy census records online, see: New Mexico Census.
- New Mexico Online Historical Newspapers - identifies historical archived and digitized newspapers available online on both free and pay-to-access websites.
Mora County Marriages: 1866-1890
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Mora County, New Mexico page 474, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.