Difference between revisions of "Morgan County, Kentucky Genealogy"
(Added nav bar)
|Line 248:||Line 248:|
Revision as of 23:06, 30 September 2010
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Websites
- 7 References
1862, 1925--Disasters destroyed most records.
|Blairs Mills||Gordon Ford||Mize||Smith Creek|
|Blaze||Grassy Creek||Moon||Stacy Fork|
|Caney||Head of Stacy Fork||Neal Valley||Tarklin|
|Cannel City||Hickory Grove||Nickell||Twentysix|
|Caskey Fork (hist.)||Holliday||Oak Hill||Upper Sandlick|
|Caskey Settlement||Index||Ophir||Upper White Oak Creek|
|Cindas Creek||Jeptha||Panama||Vance Fork|
|Coffee Creek||Jones Creek||Pekin||West Liberty|
|Cottle||Kellacey||Perry Bend||Wheel Rim|
|Ditney School (hist.)||Licking River||Rexville||Wrigley|
|Ebon||Lost Creek||Right Fork||Yocum|
|Elamton||Lower Sandlick||Road Fork||Zag|
The following have information concerning African American research. Both should be used:
- African American Research (US) has more information about the kinds of records
- Kentucky Minorities has information specific to Kentucky African Americans.
Biographies, Family Histories/Trees, GEDCOM files, etc.
Kentucky cemetery records often identify birth, death, relationship, and military information, as well as religious affiliation. Local volunteers through Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness may take photographs of headstones found in county cemeteries.
- Kentucky Historical Society Cemetery Search can be searched by name, place and/or date. This database has hundreds of thousands of names transcribed from gravestones across Kentucky.
- Find A Grave can be searched by the name of a person or family to find where a person is buried. Usually gives birth and death dates often with a picture of the tombstone. May give obituaries, names of family members and links to their information in Find A Grave.
- Find A Grave also gives a list of cemeteries in Morgan County and links to the information for the individuals buried there,
- Kentucky Cemeteries lists the national cemeteries in Kentucky with links to their web sites. The first link under Online Kentucky Cemeteries goes to the Kentucky section of Interment.net
- Morgan Co. KY USGenWeb Tombstone Project usually gives the names of the deceased in alphabetical order by last name with birth and death dates plus any remarks.
- The Family History Library Catalog lists some records of cemeteries in Morgan County. Some of the books or others may be on Google Books or available at public libraries.
- ePodunk list of Morgan County cemeteries gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to more information such as address, phone number, and web site.
- Access Genealogy, Morgan County Kentucky Cemetery Records
- Linkpendium, Morgan County Kentucky
- Morgan County Cemetery Inscriptions
- Morgan County Cemetery Records
- The Tombstone Transcription Project, Morgan County Kentucky
Licking Valley Courier
P. O. Box 187
West Liberty, KY 41472
Kentucky Marriage Project, Morgan County
MARRIAGE RECORDS OF MORGAN COUNTY, KENTUCKY 1821-1882
Morgan County Genealogy Trails 1870 Mortality Schedule
Morgan County Deaths
Morgan County Marriages
Morgan County Vital Records
USGenWeb Archives Project, Morgan County, Kentucky Marriage Index
Societies and Libraries
Morgan County Historical Society
P.O. Box 900; Route 1
West Liberty KY 41472
- Family History Library Catalog
- Morgan County, Kentucky Genealogy [USGenWeb-KyGenWeb Site]
- Morgan Co., Kentucky Genealogy Forum
- Morgan County, Kentucky Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).