Morgan County, Ohio Genealogy
|Morgan County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Address|| Morgan County Courthouse|
19 E. Main St.
McConnelsville, Ohio 43756-1172
Morgan County Website
United States Ohio Morgan County
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Resources
- 2.1 Bible Records
- 2.2 Biography
- 2.3 Business Records and Commerce
- 2.4 Cemeteries
- 2.5 Census
- 2.6 Church Records
- 2.7 Court Records
- 2.8 Emigration and Immigration
- 2.9 Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
- 2.10 Gazetteers
- 2.11 Genealogy
- 2.12 History
- 2.13 Land and Property
- 2.14 Maps
- 2.15 Military
- 2.16 Naturalization and Citizenship
- 2.17 Newspapers
- 2.18 Obituaries
- 2.19 Periodicals
- 2.20 Probate
- 2.21 Public Records
- 2.22 Repositories
- 2.23 Taxation
- 2.24 Vital Records
- 3 Web Sites
- 4 Places
- 5 References
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Guernsey, Muskingum, and Washington Counties 29 December 1817.
- County Seat: McConnelsville
- Neighboring Counties: Morgan County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in Muskingum (north) · Athens (south) · Perry (west) · Noble (east) · Washington (southeast)
See an interactive map of Morgan County boundary changes.
Business Records and Commerce
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Land and Property
- Civil War
Civil War service men from Morgan County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Morgan County.
- - 97th Regiment, Ohio Infantry, Companies C and D
Naturalization and Citizenship
Morgan County Courthouse
19 East Main Street
McConnelsville, OH 43756-1198
County Recorder has land records;
Probate Judge has birth, marriage, death, probate and
naturalization records and naturalization records
Family History Centers
Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), [FHL book 973 D27e 2002]. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "HBG" defined multiple times with different content
- Wikipedia contributors, "Morgan County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).