Morgan Utah Family History Center
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Morgan Family History Center serves two stakes- Morgan Stake and Morgan North Stake.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 93 N. State Street
- Parking and easy access is in the rear of the building. There is also a front entrance.
- (Link to map using Google or other map sites)
Open Hours: Tuesday and Wednesday 10 am to 1 pm and 6 pm to 9 pm
Thursday 6 pm to 9 pm
Holiday Schedule: Closed All Holidays
Thanksgiving Holiday- Last two weeks of November
Christmas Holiday- Last two weeks of December
Calendar and Events
At this time the stake has decided to center its training on ward Family History Consultants. Walk-ins are invited to participate. Classes are scheduled at 10am and 7pm. (See "Open Hours" above.) There are a variety of subjects- new FamilySearch, AllMyCousins, Findagrave, Ancestry.com, Research Tips, Pioneer Web Sites. Training is ongoing. Shifts are on different class subjects.
Staff Training Meetings
Monthly Council Meeting is held on the first Thursday of each month at 7 pm.
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- We have information on Morgan Pioneers and Mormon Pioneers- Family Histories, Obituaries.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- We have 26 computers, four printers (including color), two microfilm readers and two microfiche readers.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Morgan County Historical Society, 50 W. 100 N., Morgan, Utah 84050 801-829-3481
(Located in the Morgan County Library Building)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)