Morrow County, Ohio Genealogy
|Morrow County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Address|| Morrow County Courthouse|
48 E. High St.
Mount Gilead, Ohio 43338-1458
Morrow County Website
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Resources
- 2.1 Bible Records
- 2.2 Biography
- 2.3 Business Records and Commerce
- 2.4 Cemeteries
- 2.5 Church Records
- 2.6 Court Records
- 2.7 Emigration and Immigration
- 2.8 Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
- 2.9 Gazetteers
- 2.10 Genealogy
- 2.11 History
- 2.12 Land and Property
- 2.13 Maps
- 2.14 Military
- 2.15 Naturalization and Citizenship
- 2.16 Newspapers
- 2.17 Obituaries
- 2.18 Periodicals
- 2.19 Probate
- 2.20 Public Records
- 2.21 Repositories
- 2.22 Taxation
- 2.23 Vital Records
- 3 Web Sites
- 4 Places
- 5 References
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Delaware, Knox, Marion, and Richland Counties 24 February 1848.
- County Seat: Mount Gilead
- Neighboring Counties: Morrow County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in Crawford (north) · Delaware (south) · Marion (west) · Knox (east) · Richland (northeast)
See an interactive map of Morrow County boundary changes.
Business Records and Commerce
LDS Cemetery Records
Vol. 21 page 24 - unidentified cemetery
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
History of Morrow County and Ohio: containing a brief history of the state of Ohio ... a history of Morrow County ... biographical sketches, portraits of some of the early settlers and prominent men, etc., etc (Google Books)
Land and Property
- Civil War service men from Morrow County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Morrow County.
Naturalization and Citizenship
Morrow County Courthouse
48 East High Street
Mount Gilead, OH 43338
Probate Court has birth and death records 1856-1857 and 1867-1908, marriage and probate records from 1848 and naturalization records 1848-1894;
Family History Centers
- Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 (FamilySearch.org) Index and images of Ohio death certificates. You must have a FamilySearch account and be logged in to view images.
- Ohio, Death Index, 1908-1932, 1938-1944, and 1958-2007 (FamilySearch.org) Free index. Provides death certificate number. Order originals through the Ohio History Store ($).
- Ohio, Deaths and Burials, 1854-1997 (FamilySearch.org) Index. Provides FHL Film number of original death certificate.
- Ohio Death Certificate Index, 1913 - 1944 (Ohio Historical Society) Free index. Search by county and timeframe. Order originals through the Ohio History Store ($).
- The Morrow County OH GenWeb Project, a member of The OHGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project
- Family History Library Catalog
The Townships that came from Delaware County are: Westfield, Lincoln, Harmony, Peru and Bennington.
The Townships that came from Knox County are: Franklin, Chester and South Bloomfield.
The Townships that came from Marion County are: Canaan, Cardington, Gilead (some of what is now Gilead was in Knox County) and Washington. Morven Township lands, Marion County, were ceded to Morrow County, but did not continue to exist by that name.
The Townships that came from Richland County are: North Bloomfield, Troy, Congress and Perry.
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), [FHL book 973 D27e 2002]. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "HBG" defined multiple times with different content
- Wikipedia contributors, "Morrow County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morrow_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).