Morrow County, Ohio Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Places / Localities
- 5 Resources
- 6 Societies and Libraries
- 7 Web Sites
- 8 References
Morrow County Courthouse
48 East High Street
Mount Gilead, Ohio 43338
The Townships that came from Delaware County are: Westfield, Lincoln, Harmony, Peru and Bennington.
The Townships that came from Knox County are: Franklin, Chester and South Bloomfield.
The Townships that came from Marion County are: Canaan, Cardington, Gilead (some of what is now Gilead was in Knox County) and Washington. Morven Township lands, Marion County, were ceded to Morrow County, but did not continue to exist by that name.
The Townships that came from Richland County are: North Bloomfield, Troy, Congress and Perry.
Places / Localities
LDS Cemetery Records
Vol. 21 page 24 - unidentified cemetery
History of Morrow County and Ohio : containing a brief history of the state of Ohio, from its earliest settlement to the present time, embracing its topography, geological, physical and climatic features; its agricultural, stock-growing, railroad interests, etc.; a history of Morrow County, giving an account of its aboriginal inhabitants, early settlement by the whites, pioneer incidents, its growth, its improvements, organization of the county, its judicial and political history, its business and industries, churchs, schools, etc.; biographical sketches; portraits of some of the early settlers and prominent men, etc., etc.
- Civil War service men from Morrow County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Morrow County.
Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch beta. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
Societies and Libraries
- The Morrow County OH GenWeb Project, a member of The OHGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).