Morton County, North Dakota Genealogy
- 1 = County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
= County Courthouse
Morton County Courthouse
210 2nd Ave NW;
Mandan, ND 58554
Clerk District Court has birth records. Court has birth records from 1883,
marriage records from 1888, death records from 1873, burial records from 1943,
divorce and probate records from 1900’s and court records from late 1800’s;
Register of Deeds has land records from late 1800’s
1873--Morton County was created 8 January 1873 from unorganized territory. County seat: Mandan 
Cemetery transcriptions for cemeteries in Morton County, providing name, date of birth, and date of death where available.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Morton County, North Dakota Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).