Murray Utah West Family History Center
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Please come and visit the Murray Utah West Family History Center where the staff is happy to assist you with all of your family history needs.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
5750 South Nena Way, Murray, Utah 84107-6115
- The entrance to the center is on the east side of the building toward the south end. If the door is locked during regular center hours ring the door bell.
- View a map of our location.
Phone: 1 801-264-4152
Open Hours: Su 4:30-6:30 PM, Tu 6:30-8:30 PM, W 1-4 PM, Th 6:30-8:30 PM, Sa 1-4 PM
Holiday Schedule: The center is closed from mid-December through New Year's Day.
Calendar and Events
A four-part series of classes on the FamilySearch.org website, the Family Tree, and adding photos and stories will be held on Wednesday evenings and repeated on Saturday afternoons in September 2013, beginning on the 4th. As space is limited, please call Barbara Baker at 801-266-0882 to pre-register.
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog:
- Due to its close proximity to the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, the center is computer-only and does not provide the means to order or read microfilm or fiche.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- The center has six computers and a printer for black and white copies only. There is no charge for prints but we ask that you limit yourself to six pages per visit.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
Volunteer at the Center
We will appreciate the help of anyone who would like to volunteer at our center. Please call Barbara Baker at 801-266-0882.