Namsos, Nord-Trøndelag, Norway Genealogy
Namsos clerical district contains parish registers from the parishes Namsos, Vemundvik and Klinga (Sævik). In 1859 it was decided that Namsos should be come a clerical district. In 1865 it was separated from the older Overhalla clerical district.
Vemundvik and Sævik parishes were added to the new clerical district. In 1860 Sævik (Klinga) parish was divided with the district north of Bjørumselva and Namsenfjorden becoming a new parish called Vemundvik. In 1863 Lille Andvik from Fosnes parish was added to Vemundvik parish. In 1885 it was decided that Sævik parish would be called Klingen (Klinga). For earlier records see Overhalla (Ranem) and Fosnes clerical districts.
The Family History Library has microfilm copies of the church books, 1836-1931.
Digital images are online at Digitalarkivet:
For earlier census records see Overhalla.
- 1865 Census Namsos clerical district included Vemundvik and Klinga parishes. Microfilmed records are available at the Family History Library. A database at Digitalarkivet is online for 1865-telling for 1703 Namsos.
- 1875 Census Namsos clerical district included Vemundvik and Klinga parishes. Microfilmed records are available at the Family History Library.
- 1900 Census Namsos clerical district. Microfilmed records are available at the Family History Library. A database at Digitalarkivet is online for 1900-telling for 1703 Namsos, 1900-telling for 1745 Vemundvik and 1900-telling for 1746 Klingen.
- 1910 Census The 1910 census search at Digitalarkivet
- The census of 1865, 1875 (partial), 1900 and 1910 are also available at the Norwegian Historical Data Center.
1656-1863: Probates are found in Namdal judicial district.
1703-1815: Clerical probates are found in Namdal Deanery