Natrona County, Wyoming Genealogy
Guide to Natrona County Wyoming genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Natrona County, Wyoming|
Location of Wyoming in the U.S.
|Founded||March 9, 1888|
|Address|| Natrona County Courthouse|
200 North Center Street Rm 157
Casper, WY 82601
Natrona County Website
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Resources
- 2.1 Biography
- 2.2 Cemeteries
- 2.3 Census
- 2.4 Church Records
- 2.5 Court Records
- 2.6 Directories
- 2.7 Emigration and Immigration
- 2.8 Ethnic, Political or Religious Groups
- 2.9 Gazetteers
- 2.10 Genealogy
- 2.11 History
- 2.12 Land and Property
- 2.13 Maps
- 2.14 Migration
- 2.15 Military
- 2.16 Naturalization and Citizenship
- 2.17 Newspapers
- 2.18 Obituaries
- 2.19 Probate
- 2.20 Public Records
- 2.21 Repositories
- 2.22 Taxation
- 2.23 Vital Records
- 2.24 Websites
- 3 Places
- 4 References
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|* For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent County: created 9 March 1888 from Carbon
- County seat: Casper 
- Neighboring Counties: Albany | Carbon | Converse | Fremont | Johnson | Washakie
Casper and Casper Mountain
- Casper Mountain... aka Laymon Cemetery, Echo Canyon Cemetery, Elkhorn Canyon Cemetery SE1/4 SEC4 T32N R79W. ASHES ONLY. CR III 1961-1989
- Crimson Dawn... SEC23 T32N R79W. CR I 1889-1950
- Eadsville... SEC19 T32N R79W. CR I 1889-1950
- Fougstedt... SEC8 T23N R79W. CR I 1889-1950
- Highland (1889 to present)... Owned by the City of Casper. Phone 1-307-235-8317. CR I 1889-1950, CR II 1951-1985
- Memorial Gardens (1954 to present)... Privately owned. Phone 1-307-472-6345. CR III 1954-1989
- Old Pioneer... Unknown number of unmarked graves. Eleven cenotaphs and one illegible marker on Fort Caspar grounds.
- Oregon Trail (1984 to present)... Veterans cemetery. CR III 1984-1989
- Red Buttes... SW1/4 NW1/4 SEC16 T33N R80W. ON PRIVATE LAND. Memorial to the soldiers who died here in 1865. NO GRAVES. CR I 1889-1950
- Annis Ranch... SEC14 T29N R85W. ON PRIVATE LAND.
- Arminto... SE1/4 NW1/4 SEC14 T37N R87W. CR I 1889-1950
- Bothwell... SE1/4 SEC21 T30N R85W. ON PRIVATE LAND. No visible graves. CR I 1889-1950
- Edgerton... SEC19 T40N R78W. CR I 1889-1950
- Freeland...S1/2 SW1/4 SEC14 T31N R80W.CR I 1889-1950
- Hiland... aka Wolton Cemetery SE1/4 SEC2 T36N R88W. CR I 1889-1950
- Martins Cove... No visible graves.
- Midwest... SEC21 T40N R79W. CR I 1889-1950
- Natrona County Isolated Gravesites... Many of these graves lie near the historic trails that passed through Natrona County in the mid-1800s. CR I 1889-1950
- New Alcova... SEC13 T30N R83W. CR I 1889-1950
- O'Donnell... NW1/4 NE1/4 SEC25 T36N R89W. ON PRIVATE LAND. CR III
- Old Alcova... NE1/4 NW1/4 SEC18 T30N R82W. CR I 1889-1950
- Pathfinder... SE1/4 SEC13 T29N R84W. One mile northeast of Pathfinder Dam. CR I 1889-1950
- Waltman... SEC20 T36N R86W. CR I 1889-1950
The Natrona County Genealogical Society has published records for these cemeteries and gravesites as noted above in Natrona County, Wyoming Cemetery Records, Vols. I through IV (CR I, CR II, CR III CR IV). These publications are available at the Natrona County Public Library and the LDS Family History Center in Casper. Many of these cemeteries also have extensive listings and photographs on Find A Grave.
For tips on accessing Natrona County, Wyoming Genealogy census records online, see: Wyoming Census.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Casper Stake
3931 W 45th St,
Casper, Wyoming 82604
- Casper Stake
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political or Religious Groups
Land and Property
Early migration routes to and from Natrona County, Wyoming Genealogy for European and African American settlers included:
Naturalization and Citizenship
- Wyoming Newspaper Project Digitized and searchable newspapers published in Wyoming between 1849 and 1922.
County Clerk has marriage and land records from 1888, military discharge records, power of attorney, notary and commissions tax license-state and federal.
Clerk District Court has divorce, probate and court records. 
Family History Centers
- Natrona County Genealogical Society P.O. Box 50665, Casper, Wyoming 82606
|Alcova||Blue Hill (hist.)||Edgerton||Natrona|
|Antelope Hills||Bucknum||Freeland (hist.)||Petrie|
|Arminto||Camel Hump||Hartrandt||Powder River|
|Bar Nunn||Casper Mountain||Homa Hills||Salt Creek (hist.)|
|Bessemer (hist.)||Cow Hollow||Midwest||Strouds|
|Bessemer Bend||Crimson Dawn||Mills||Vista West|
|Bishop||Eadsville (hist.)||Mountain View||Waltman|
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Jim Tompkins, "The Oregon Trail 1841-1848 Map III" in Oregon Trail Landmarks at http://www.oregonpioneers.com/OTMap3.jpg (accessed 18 July 2011).
- "Oregon California Trails Association" at http://octatrails.micromaps.com/ (accessed 18 July 2011).
- "The Pioneer Story: The Mormon Pioneer Trail" in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at http://lds.org/gospellibrary/pioneer/pioneerstory.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 766. Natrona County, Wyoming