Natrona County, Wyoming Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
200 North Center
Casper, WY 82601
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
|Alcova||Blue Hill (hist.)||Edgerton||Paradise Valley|
|Antelope Hills||Bucknum||Hartrandt||Powder River|
|Arminto||Camel Hump||Hiland||Red Butte|
|Badwater||Casper||Homa Hills||Salt Creek (hist.)|
|Bar Nunn||Casper Mountain||Midwest||Strouds|
|Bessemer (hist.)||Cow Hollow||Mills||Vista West|
|Bessemer Bend||Crimson Dawn||Mountain View||Waltman|
- Annis Ranch... SEC14 T29N R85W. ON PRIVATE LAND,
- Arminto... SE1/4 NW1/4 SEC14 T37N R87W. CR I 1889-1950
- Bothwell... SE1/4 SEC21 T30N R85W. ON PRIVATE LAND. No visible graves. CR I 1889-1950
- Casper Mountain... aka Laymon Cemetery, Echo Canyon Cemetery, Elkhorn Canyon Cemetery SE1/4 SEC4 T32N R79W. ASHES ONLY. CR III 1961-1989
- Crimson Dawn... SEC23 T32N R79W. CR I 1889-1950
- Eadsville... SEC19 T32N R79W. CR I 1889-1950
- Edgerton... SEC19 T40N R78W. CR I 1889-1950
- Fougstedt... SEC8 T23N R79W. CR I 1889-1950
- Freeland... S1/2 SW1/4 SEC14 T31N R80W. CR I 1889-1950
- Highland (1889 to present)... Owned by the City of Casper. Phone 1-307-235-8317. CR I 1889-1950, CR II 1951-1985
- Hiland... aka Wolton Cemetery SE1/4 SEC2 T36N R88W. CR I 1889-1950
- Martins Cove... SEC28 T29N R78W. No visible graves.
- Memorial Gardens (1954 to present)... Privately owned. Phone 1-307-472-6345.CR III 1954-1989
- Midwest... SEC21 T40N R79W. CR I 1889-1950
- New Alcova... SEC13 T30N R83W. CR I 1889-1950
- O'Donnell... NW1/4 NE1/4 SEC25 T36N R89W. ON PRIVATE LAND. CR III
- Old Alcova... NE1/4 NW1/4 SEC18 T30N R82W. CR I 1889-1950
- Old Pioneer... Unknown number of unmarked graves. Eleven cenotaphs and one illegible marker on Fort Caspar grounds.
- Oregon Trail (1984 to present)... Veterans cemetery. CR III 1984-1989
- Pathfinder... 1/2 mile NE of Pathfinder Dam. CR I 1889-1950
- Red Buttes... SW1/4 NW1/4 SEC16 T33N R80W. ON PRIVATE LAND. Memorial to the soldiers who died here in 1865. NO GRAVES. CR I 1889-1950
- Waltman... SEC20 T36N R86W. CR I 1889-1950
The Natrona County Genealogical Society has published records for these cemeteries as noted above, as well as a number of isolated single grave sites in the county, in Natrona County, Wyoming Cemetery Records, Vols. I through III (CR I, CR II, CR III). These publications are available at the Natrona County Public Library, and for purchase at Ralph's Books & Cards in Casper. Many of these cemeteries also have extensive listings and photographs on Find A Grave.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Casper Stake 3931 W 45th St, Casper, Wyoming 82604. Phone 1-307-265-1834.
Early migration routes to and from Natrona County, Wyoming Genealogy for European and African American settlers included:
- Casper Journal
- Casper Star-Tribune
- Wyoming Newspaper Project Digitized and searchable newspapers published in Wyoming between 1849 and 1922.
Western States Marriage Index 390 marriages from 29 May 1890 to 15 Sep 1908.
Societies and Libraries
- Natrona County Genealogical Society P.O. Box 9244, Casper, Wyoming 82609.
- Natrona County Public Library 307 E 2nd St, Casper, Wyoming 82601. Phone 1-307-237-4935.
- The Casper College Western History Center Located in the Goodstein Library on the Casper College campus.
- Casper Stake Family History Center 3931 W 45th St, Casper, Wyoming 82604. Phone 1-307-234-3326. Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 9:00-12:00, 1:00-4:00, 6:30-8:30; Saturday 9:00-12:00.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Jim Tompkins, "The Oregon Trail 1841-1848 Map III" in Oregon Trail Landmarks at http://www.oregonpioneers.com/OTMap3.jpg (accessed 18 July 2011).
- "Oregon California Trails Association" at http://octatrails.micromaps.com/ (accessed 18 July 2011).
- "The Pioneer Story: The Mormon Pioneer Trail" in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at http://lds.org/gospellibrary/pioneer/pioneerstory.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).