Natrona County, Wyoming Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
200 North Center
Casper, WY 82601
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
|Alcova||Blue Hill (hist.)||Edgerton||Natrona|
|Antelope Hills||Bucknum||Freeland (hist.)||Petrie|
|Arminto||Camel Hump||Hartrandt||Powder River|
|Bar Nunn||Casper Mountain||Homa Hills||Salt Creek (hist.)|
|Bessemer (hist.)||Cow Hollow||Midwest||Strouds|
|Bessemer Bend||Crimson Dawn||Mills||Vista West|
|Bishop||Eadsville (hist.)||Mountain View||Waltman|
Casper and Casper Mountain
- Casper Mountain... aka Laymon Cemetery, Echo Canyon Cemetery, Elkhorn Canyon Cemetery SE1/4 SEC4 T32N R79W. ASHES ONLY. CR III 1961-1989
- Crimson Dawn... SEC23 T32N R79W. CR I 1889-1950
- Eadsville... SEC19 T32N R79W. CR I 1889-1950
- Fougstedt... SEC8 T23N R79W. CR I 1889-1950 Highland (1889 to present)... Owned by the City of Casper. Phone 1-307-235-8317. CR I 1889-1950, CR II 1951-1985
- Memorial Gardens (1954 to present)... Privately owned. Phone 1-307-472-6345. CR III 1954-1989
- Old Pioneer... Unknown number of unmarked graves. Eleven cenotaphs and one illegible marker on Fort Caspar grounds.
- Oregon Trail (1984 to present)... Veterans cemetery. CR III 1984-1989
- Red Buttes... SW1/4 NW1/4 SEC16 T33N R80W. ON PRIVATE LAND. Memorial to the soldiers who died here in 1865. NO GRAVES. CR I 1889-1950
- Annis Ranch... SEC14 T29N R85W. ON PRIVATE LAND.
- Arminto... SE1/4 NW1/4 SEC14 T37N R87W. CR I 1889-1950
- Bothwell... SE1/4 SEC21 T30N R85W. ON PRIVATE LAND. No visible graves. CR I 1889-1950
- Edgerton... SEC19 T40N R78W. CR I 1889-1950
- ... S1/2 SW1/4 SEC14 T31N R80W.CR I 1889-1950'
- Hiland... aka Wolton Cemetery SE1/4 SEC2 T36N R88W. CR I 1889-1950
- Martins Cove
- Midwest... SEC21 T40N R79W. CR I 1889-1950
- Natrona County Isolated Gravesites... Many of these graves lie near the historic trails that passed through Natrona County in the mid-1800s. CR I 1889-1950
- New Alcova... SEC13 T30N R83W. CR I 1889-1950
- O'Donnell... NW1/4 NE1/4 SEC25 T36N R89W. ON PRIVATE LAND. CR III
- Old Alcova... NE1/4 NW1/4 SEC18 T30N R82W. CR I 1889-1950
- Pathfinder... 1/2 mile NE of Pathfinder Dam. CR I 1889-1950
- Waltman... SEC20 T36N R86W. CR I 1889-1950
The Natrona County Genealogical Society has published records for these cemeteries and gravesites as noted above in Natrona County, Wyoming Cemetery Records, Vols. I through III (CR I, CR II, CR III). These publications are available at the Natrona County Public Library, and for purchase at Ralph's Books & Cards in Casper. Many of these cemeteries also have extensive listings and photographs on Find A Grave.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Casper Stake 3931 W 45th St, Casper, Wyoming 82604. Phone 1-307-265-1834.
Early migration routes to and from Natrona County, Wyoming Genealogy for European and African American settlers included:
- Casper Journal
- Casper Star-Tribune
- Wyoming Newspaper Project Digitized and searchable newspapers published in Wyoming between 1849 and 1922.
- Western States Marriage Index 390 marriages from 29 May 1890 to 15 Sep 1908.
- Wyoming Marriages, 1877-1920
Societies and Libraries
- Natrona County Genealogical Society P.O. Box 9244, Casper, Wyoming 82609.
- Natrona County Public Library 307 E 2nd St, Casper, Wyoming 82601. Phone 1-307-237-4935.
- The Casper College Western History Center Located in the Goodstein Library on the Casper College campus.
- Casper Stake Family History Center 3931 W 45th St, Casper, Wyoming 82604. Phone 1-307-234-3326. Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 9:00-12:00, 1:00-4:00, 6:30-8:30; Saturday 9:00-12:00.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Jim Tompkins, "The Oregon Trail 1841-1848 Map III" in Oregon Trail Landmarks at http://www.oregonpioneers.com/OTMap3.jpg (accessed 18 July 2011).
- "Oregon California Trails Association" at http://octatrails.micromaps.com/ (accessed 18 July 2011).
- "The Pioneer Story: The Mormon Pioneer Trail" in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at http://lds.org/gospellibrary/pioneer/pioneerstory.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).