Nelson County, North Dakota Genealogy
Nelson County, North Dakota genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Nelson County, North Dakota|
Location in the state of North Dakota
Location of North Dakota in the U.S.
|Founded||March 2, 1883|
|Address|| Nelson County Courthouse|
210 W B Ave
PO Box 565
Lakota, ND 58344
Nelson County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Clerk District Court has birth and death records from 1903,
marriage, probate and land records from 1880, divorce, Court
and burial records
- Records of Center Lutheran Church, Nelson County, in Evangelical Lutheran Church in America database at Archives.com ($).
- Records of Warwick Lutheran Church, Nelson County, in Evangelical Lutheran Church in America database at Archives.com ($).
Probate records of North Dakota are at the county clerk's office.
- For selected estate case rulings, see North Dakota Supreme Court.
- See also North Dakota Probate Records.
Tax records are at the county treasurer's, auditor's or clerk's office, or the state archives.
Vital Records (birth, marriage, death, and divorce records) may be recorded on registers, certificates, or other documents at the county clerk's office.
- See also North Dakota Vital Records for more information.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Nelson County, North Dakota Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Nelson County, North Dakota. Page 525 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).