Netherlands, Zuid-Holland Province, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Netherlands, Zuid-Holland Province, Civil Registration, 1811-1942 .
- 1 Title in the Language of the Records
- 2 Record Description
- 3 Record Content, History and Use
- 4 Known Issues with This Collection
- 5 Related Web Sites
- 6 Related Wiki Articles
- 7 Contributions to This Article
- 8 Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
Title in the Language of the Records
Zuid-Holland Burgerlijke Stand
This collection of civil records from the Zuid-Holland Province covers the years 1811 through 1942.
The collection oc civil registration of births, marriages, and deaths for the province of Zuid-Holland. Indexes, marriage intentions, marriage proclamations, marriage supplements, and divorces are also included. Time period of the records varies by locality and record type.
For a list of records by localities and dates currently published in this collection, select the Browse link from the collection landing page.
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Records collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher, and archive for the original records.
- "Netherlands, Zuid-Holland Province, Civil Registration, 1811-1942." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2013. Citing Burgerlijke Stand. Rotterdam Municipal Archive.
Record Content, History and Use
For information about the history, content, and use of these records see the wiki article Netherlands Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records).
How to Search the Records
To search the collection, select "Browse through images" on the initial collection page ⇒ Select the Municipality ⇒ Select the Record type and date range which takes you to the images.
Known Issues with This Collection
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection, please read the attached Wiki article. If you encounter additional problems, feel free to report them at email@example.com. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
Related Web Sites
- Genver 2 - If you encounter difficulties in going directly to the correct location in this collection, this website (in Dutch) will get you there.
- Genlias - This site is a compilation of indexed civil records from the Netherlands, including some from Dutch colonies, mostly dating from 1811 until the mid-1900s. It is in Dutch, but has an option to view and search in English. While it is not complete as yet, it is extensive and records are still being added. Many of the images for the indexed Zuid Holland records on Genlias can then be located more easily in this browsable database.
Related Wiki Articles
- Netherlands Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Netherlands Civil Registration
Contributions to This Article
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
When you copy information from a record, you should also list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Citation Example for a Record Found in This Collection
"Netherlands, Zuid-Holland Province, Civil Registration, 1811-1942", digital images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org: accessed March 28, 2012), Broek > Geboorten (births) 1843-1848 > Image 6 of 114, entry for Margaretha Smorenburg, born 8 February 1843; citing "Netherlands, Zuid-Holland Province Civil Registration 1811-1942", images, FamilySearch, from Rijksarchiefdienst, Netherlands, "Netherlands, Zuid-Holland Province Civil Registration, 1811-1942". Netherlands, Rijksarchiefdienst, FHL microfilm, Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.