Nevada County, California Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 15:40, 14 April 2010 by Cottrells (Text replace - '[https://wiki.familysearch.org/en/Burned_Counties_Research https://wiki.familysearch.org/en/Burned_Counties_Research]' to 'Burned Counties Research')
- This article is about a western county of northern California. For other uses, see Nevada (disambiguation).
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1856 and 1863 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Grass Valley
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).