New Albany Ohio FamilySearch Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- Address: 5835 Central College Road, New Albany, OH
- Go to rear of building and enter through the door by the satellite dish. Enter and then turn right - go to room 110.
- Location on Map
Phone: 614-855-3067 (temporary)
- Tuesday and Thursday: 12:00-3:00 PM and 6:00-9:00 PM.
- Saturday: Also open on Saturdays from 9:00 AM to 12:00 noon.
Calendar and Events
Upcoming Events -
- We will be closed on Saturday, April 6th, 2013, for General Conference. We will reopen on Tuesday, April 9th at the regular hours.
- Columbus Ohio East Stake Family History Day, April 20th at the Stake Center, see address above. Hours will be 9:00 AM - 1:30 PM.
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.:
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
We do not have a microfilm reader/printer, however we do have monopods on each reader to hold your own camera in place to take pictures of the pages displayed.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
Ohio Genealogical Society www.ogs.org
Ohio Historical Society www.ohiohistory.org
Franklin County Historical Society www.franklincountyohiohistory.org
Licking County Historical Society www.lchsohio.org
Volunteer at the Center
You do not need to be a member to volunteer. You must, however, have the permission of the Family History Center Director and the Stake Presidency. To volunteer, call Robert Taggart at 740-927-2882.