New Albany Ohio FamilySearch Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 PLEASE NOTE! THE FAMILY HISTORY CENTER WILL BE CLOSED TUESDAY, NOV. 26TH, DUE TO THE INCLEMENT WEATHER. REMEMBER THAT, IF THE NEW ALBANY SCHOOL SYSTEM HAS CLOSED DUE TO WEATHER, WE ARE CLOSED THAT DAY AS WELL. ALWAYS CALL FIRST DURING THE WINTER MONTHS TO SEE IF WE ARE OPEN.
- 2.1 Calendar and Events
- 2.2 Center Resources
- 2.3 Center Services
- 2.4 Resources in the Local Area
- 2.5 Links
- 2.6 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- Address: 5835 Central College Road, New Albany, OH
- Go to rear of building and enter through the door by the satellite dish. Enter and then turn right - go to room 110.
- Location on Map
- Tuesday and Thursday: 12:00-3:00 PM and 6:00-9:00 PM.
- Saturday: Also open on Saturdays from 9:00 AM to 12:00 noon.
PLEASE NOTE! THE FAMILY HISTORY CENTER WILL BE CLOSED TUESDAY, NOV. 26TH, DUE TO THE INCLEMENT WEATHER. REMEMBER THAT, IF THE NEW ALBANY SCHOOL SYSTEM HAS CLOSED DUE TO WEATHER, WE ARE CLOSED THAT DAY AS WELL. ALWAYS CALL FIRST DURING THE WINTER MONTHS TO SEE IF WE ARE OPEN.
The Family History Center will be closed on Thursday, November 28, 2013 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
The Family History Center will be closed from noon on Saturday, December 21, 2013 through January 6, 2014 for the Christmas and New Year's holidays. The Center will reopen to the public on Tuesday, January 7, 2014, at 9:00 AM.
Calendar and Events
Upcoming Events -
ALWAYS CALL FIRST DURING THE WINTER MONTHS TO SEE IF WE ARE OPEN.
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.:
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
We do not have a microfilm reader/printer, however we do have monopods on each reader to hold your own camera in place to take pictures of the pages displayed.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
Ohio Genealogical Society www.ogs.org
Ohio Historical Society www.ohiohistory.org
Franklin County Historical Society www.franklincountyohiohistory.org
Licking County Historical Society www.lchsohio.org
Volunteer at the Center
You do not need to be a member to volunteer. You must, however, have the permission of the Family History Center Director and the Stake Presidency. To volunteer, call Robert Taggart at 740-927-2882.