Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada Genealogy
Canada Newfoundland and Labrador
|Newfoundland & Labrador Research Topics|
|Newfoundland & Labrador Background|
|Local Research Resources|
1. What information do you wish to locate about your ancestor? To choose the sources you need to search first, please click on RECORD SELECTION TABLE: Newfoundland_and_Labrador, which will help you decide.
2. From the above Record Selection Table, which sources do you wish to check in this province? To check the availability of your sources of interest as well as to check the websites that have them online, please click on this province's SOURCES LINKS TABLE
3. Do you know the location that you wish to search in this province? If so, please check for some possible sources and some online information about your location of interest, by clicking on this province's POPULATED PLACES TABLE A-H or I-Q or R-Z.
- GREAT RESOURCE: "Newfoundland's Grand Banks Genealogy Site" http://ngb.chebucto.org/index.html includes transcriptions of census records, cemetery transcriptions, vital records, parish records, passenger lists, voters lists, historical maps & information and more -- TONS of information, and all FREE!!
- Family History Society of Newfoundland and Labrador: http://ngb.chebucto.org/Personal/index.html lots of info and list of other genealogy links for this region.
- Newfoundland and Labrador Gen Web: http://nl.canadagenweb.org/index.html?status=deframed
- Looking 4 Kin Genealogy Family History Network - Newfoundland and Labrador
- BYU Research Outline for Newfoundland, Canada
- Mary's Genealogy Treasures – great research resource
A wiki article describing an online collection is found at:
- Wikiprocedure - Procedure to get birth, death, marrige and divorce certificate
- Newfoundland Vital Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
Featured Training Modules
- Researching Your Newfoundland Ancestors: Part One found on FamilySearch.
Things You Can Do
In order to make this wiki a better research tool, we need your help! Many tasks need to be done. You can help by: