Nicholas County, West Virginia Genealogy
|Nicholas County, West Virginia|
Location in the state of West Virginia
Location of West Virginia in the U.S.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
700 Main Street
Summersville, WV 26651
- County Clerk has birth records from 1855
- Marriage and land Records from 1812
- Death records from 1890
- Probate from 1880
- Clerk Circuit Court has divorce and court records
See an interactive map of Nicholas County boundary changes.
Places / Localities
For tips on accessing Nicholas County, West Virginia Genealogy census records online, see: West Virginia Census.
Join us in indexing the 1940 Census
- [Coberly] Arthaud, John Bradley. "Dr. James Stell Coberly 18th Century Migrant from New Jersey to Virginia and Revolutionary Patriot," The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 26, No. 2 (Apr.-Jun. 1982):112-117; Vol. 26, No. 3 (Jul.-Sep. 1982):183-189. Digital version at American Ancestors ($). FHL Book 975.5 B2vg v. 26 (1982).
- Rejected or Suspended Applications for Revolutionary War Pensions. Washington, D.C., 1852. Reprinted by Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., 1969, and 1991. Reprints include "an Added Index to States." FHL Book 973 M24ur; digital version at Ancestry ($). [Includes veterans from this county; Virginia section begins on page 238.]
- West Virginia, Civil War Service Records of Union Soldiers, 1861-1865
- West Virginia, Naturalization Records, 1814-1991
Nicholas County, West Virginia Will Book 1820 - 1969
- West Virginia Will Books
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
Learning How to Edit our Wiki Sites
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).