Nicollet County, Minnesota Genealogy
Guide to Nicollet County Minnesota genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Nicollet County, Minnesota|
Location in the state of Minnesota
Location of Minnesota in the U.S.
|Founded||March 5, 1853|
|County Seat||St. Peter|
|Address|| Nicollet County Courthouse|
501 s Minnesota Ave
PO Box 493
St. Peter, MN 56082
Nicollet County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Clerk District Court has birth and death records from 1870,
marriage records from 1856, divorce,
probate and court records from 1853.
County Recorder has land records.
- 1853--Nicollet County was created 5 March 1853 from Dakota County. County seat: St. Peter 
- For a brief history of how Nicollet County was named, click here, then select Nicollet County.
Civil War Battle
The following Civil War battle was fought in Nicollet County.
- Map showing Civil War battles in Minnesota.
Civil War service men from Nicollet County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies or regiments that were formed from men of Nicollet County.
- - 1st Regiment, Minnesota Cavalry (Mounted Rangers), Companies B, E, and K.
- - 2nd Regiment, Minnesota Cavalry, Companies B and M.
- - 4th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company H.
- - 6th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company I.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Nicollet County, Minnesota page 366, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 13 August, 2012)