Nittedal, Akershus, Norway Genealogy
Microfilm at the Family History Library for Nittedal prestegjeld (clerical district). Contains parish registers from the parishes Nittedal and Hakadal (Hakedal). They were separated from Skedsmo clerical district in 1774. For earlier records see Skedsmo clerical district. The parish registers exist from 1775 -1929.
See also Skedsmo
Digitized parish registers online at Digitalarkivet [Digital Archives]
- 1664-1666: Sogneprestenes manntall 1664-1666. This census for the parishes of Skedsmo, Nittedal, Lørenskog and Hakadal in Nittedal prestegjeld (clerical distirct) is available on microfilm at the Family History Library. This census was taken by the local parish priests. It lists the name of the farms, names of farm owners (including widows), the sons of the farm owners, male farm hands, cottagers and their sons, and the ages of each person. There was another census taken by the civil authorities at this same time. Both censuses should be searched as they supplement each other. This clerical census is more complete.
- 1801: Folketelling 1 Feb 1801, Norge. The 1801 census for Nittedal is available on microfilm at the Family History Library. The 1801 census (b. 7) for Nittedal clerical district includes Nittedal, and Hakadal parishes. It lists the farm name, person's name, position in the household, age, marital status, and occupation. Also available online at Digital Archives (Digitalarkivet).
- 1865: Folketælling 31 December 1865. The 1865 census for Nittedal prestegjeld (clerical district) is available on microfilm at the Family History Library. This census contains the persons name, residence, status in the family, occupation, sex, martial status, place of birth, religion if not a member of the state church, and other miscellaneous information. Each book usually contains one clerical district (prestegjeld). In some books there are two clerical districts recorded. The parishes and school districts in each clerical district are listed at the beginning of each book. Available online at Digital Archives (Digitalarkivet), as well as at the Norwegian Historical Data Centre at the University of Tromsø in Norway.
- 1875:Folketælling for kongeriget Norge den 31te December 1875. The 1875 census for Nittedal prestegjeld (clerical district) is available on microfilm at the Family History Library. This 1875 census contains the persons name, residence, position in the family, occupation, sex, marital status, year of birth, place of birth, religion if not a member of the state church, and other miscellaneous information. Available online at Digital Archives (Digitalarkivet).
- 1900: Folketælling for Norge, 3 Dec 1900. The 1900 census for Nittedal prestegjeld (clerical district) is available on microfilm at the Family History Library. This census contains the persons name, sex, resident or temporary resident, temporarily absent and where person is, position in the family, marital status, occupation, year of birth, place of birth, citizenship, religion, and other miscellaneous information. Also available online at the Digital Archives (Digitalarkivet) as well as at the Norwegian Historical Data Centre at the University of Tromsø in Norway.
- 1910: Søk i folketellingen fra 1910. Available online at Digital Archives (Digitalarkivet) as well as at the Norwegian Historical Data Centre at the University in Tromsø, Norway.
The Family History Library has Bygdebok for Nittedal og Hakadal. It is a genealogy of the people and their farms and a history of Nittedal and Hakadal in Akershus county. Volume 1 is for Nittedal and volume 2 is for Hakadal.
Farm books on the Internet
Bygdebok for Nittedal og Hakadal. There are links to the various farms in the left-hand column.
34 Aaros 4 Aas 18 Ask 14 Bjerke 14 Bjertnes 1 Bøler 25 Dal nedre 10 Fjeldløkken 24 Flaen 14 Fredrikstad 22 Gaustad 23 Glosli 30 Glømmi 26 Gopledalslien 9 Grønlien 20 Haug 9 Hauger 31 Hauger 26 Holen 37 Holm nordre 10 Holmerud 26 Holter 2 Holum 7 Høgda 24 Høghaugen 10 Høibraaten 33 Jeppebakken 26 Jonstuen 11 Kjul 4 Klora 5 Li 28 Løken 27 Lønshval 6 Markerud 26 Midten 13 Mo 26 Moldstad 35 Nesgutu 16 Nordby 11 Nordengen 26 Nybraaten 29 Omsi 32 Ramstad lille 10 Rud 17 Rus 15 Røtnes 7 Sagen 14 Skaalkjernet 2 Skillebæk 3 Skyset 4 Skytta 12 Skøien 8 Slattum nordre 18 Sletten 7 Styrerud 4 Sørli 12 Sørskogen 4 Ulverud 10 Ødegaarden 19 Østby
Farm Names for Nittedal from Bygdebok for Nittedal og Hakadal vol. I
Ask, Berg, Bjertnes, Bøler, Dal, Fjelløkka av Rud, Gaustad, Glosli, Glømmi, Hakadal verk, Haug, Hauger Vestre, Hauger Østre, Holm, Holmerud av Rud, Holter, Holum, Kjul, Li, Løken, Lønshval, Markerud, Mo, Nesgutu, Nittedal prestetegard (Omsi), Nordby, Nordbydalen, Nordby skole, Nygård av Holm, Omsi, Petterstua av Ask, Ramstad, Rotnes, Rud, Rus, Sannum av Mo, Skyset, Skøyen, Slattum, sletta av Ask, Smedstua av Dal, Sørskogen av Skøyen, Ulverud av Ås, Øgardern av Holm, Øgarden av Rud, Åneby, Åros, Ås, Åsheim.
Husmannsplasser in Nittedal.
Andersbråten under Nedre Dal, Askbråtan, Askestua, Bakken under Dal, Bekken under Dal, Berger under Strøm, Berget under tøyen, Bergseiet, Bergsenga, Bergshagan, Bergssaga, Bjernesbråten, Bjertneseiet, Bjerneshaugen, bliksrudeie, Bliksrudhagan, Brenna, Brenninghaugen, Bråtan, Buråseiet, Buråsen udner Mo, Bårdstua under Nes, Dalseiet, Dalssagene, Dalstua, Dammen under Mo, dølieiet, Elnesbråtan, Enga, finnestua, Fjeller under rud, fossen under Nesgutu, Fredrikstad under Bjertnes, Gaustadeiet, Gaustadløkka, Glanarud under Skyset, Blanarudbråtan, Gloslieiet, Glømmieiet, Glømmihaugen, Grindbråtan under Bliksrud, Grønlia under Østre Hauger,
Grønlund under Gaustad, Gullikstua under Skøyen, Gul-skytta under Slattum, Hagajordet under Ramstad, Hagan under Haug, Haugereiet, Haugerhagan under Vestre Hauger, Haugerhagan under :stre Hauger, Haugsbr[tan, Haugseiet, Haugssaga, Holen under Dal, Holen under rus, Holmseiet, Holterhagan, Holterstua, Holmerud, Holumsenga, Høgda under Slattum, Høghaugen under Dal, Høybråtan, Jeppebakken, Jonsletta, Jonstua under Dal, Kapelsrudeiet, Kirkebyeiet, Kirkebyhaugen, Kjulsbråtan, Kjulseiet, Kjulshagan, Kjulstua, Klora under Ås, Knutseløkka under Glosli,
1680-1853: Records are found in Nedre Romerike judicial district.
1709-1778: Clerical probate records are found in Øvre Romerike deanery.
-Kirkeby, Birger: Nittedal og Hakadal - Gardshistorie I, Flisa: Utgitt av Nittedal Kommune, 1965