Noble County, Ohio Genealogy
|Noble County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Created||April 1, 1851|
|Address|| Noble County Courthouse|
Caldwell, Ohio 43724
Noble County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 Historical Facts
- 3 Resources
- 3.1 Bible Records
- 3.2 Biography
- 3.3 Business Records and Commerce
- 3.4 Cemeteries
- 3.5 Census
- 3.6 Church Records
- 3.7 Court Records
- 3.8 Emigration and Immigration
- 3.9 Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
- 3.10 Gazetteers
- 3.11 Genealogy
- 3.12 History
- 3.13 Land and Property
- 3.14 Maps
- 3.15 Military
- 3.16 Naturalization and Citizenship
- 3.17 Newspapers
- 3.18 Obituaries
- 3.19 Periodicals
- 3.20 Probate
- 3.21 Public Records
- 3.22 Repositories
- 3.23 Taxation
- 3.24 Vital Records
- 4 Web Sites
- 5 Places
- 6 References
Noble County Courthouse
Caldwell, OH 43724
Clerk Court has divorce and court records from 1851;
Probate Judge has marriage and probate records;
County Recorder has land records
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Guernsey, Monroe, Morgan, and Washington Counties 11 March 1851.
- County Seat: Caldwell
- Neighboring Counties: Noble County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in Guernsey (north) · Washington (south) · Muskingum (west) · Monroe (east) · Belmont (northeast) · Morgan (southwest)
See an interactive map of Noble County boundary changes.
Business Records and Commerce
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Land and Property
- Civil War
- - Civil War service men from Noble County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Noble County.
- - 116th Regiment, Ohio Infantry, Company H
Naturalization and Citizenship
Family History Centers
Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].
- Wikipedia contributors, "Noble County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noble_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).