North Dakota Censuses Existing and Lost
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 01:01, 21 November 2009 by HarrisonJB
|North Dakota (Dakota Territory 1860-1900): Existing and Lost Federal Census Schedules|
|Exact Date||Population Schedules||Veterans/ Pensioners||Slave Owners||Mortality||Agricultural||Industrial/ Manufacturers||Defective||Indian|
|1940 Apr 1||Public release in 2012||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1930 Apr 1||Exist||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1920 Jan 1||Exist||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1910 Apr 15||Exist||-||-||-||-||-||-||Exist|
|1900 Jun 1||Exist||-||-||-||-||-||-||Exist|
|1890 Jun 2||Lost||Exist||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1885 Jun 1||Exist||Exist||-||Exist||Exist||Exist||-||-|
|1880 Jun 1||Exist||-||-||Exist||Exist||Exist||Exist||-|
|1870 Jun 1||Exist||-||-||Lost||Lost||Lost||-||-|
|1860 Jun 1||Exist||-||-||Exist||Lost||Lost||-||-|
|1850 Jun 1||Exist||-||-||Exist||Exist||Exist||-||-|
Sources and Notes
- Anne Bruner Eales, and Robert M Kvasnicka, ed., Guide to Genealogical Research in the National Archives of the United States, 3d ed. (Washington, D.C.: NARA, 2000), 37.
- William Thorndale, and William Dollarhide, Map Guide to the U.S. Federal Censuses, 1790-1920 (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1987), 259-66.
- William Dollarhide, The Census Book: A Genealogists Guide to Federal Census Facts, Schedules and Indexes (Bountiful, Utah: Heritage Quest, 1999), 104.
- Only for Indian schedules taken along with Federal population schedules.
- In 1860 people living in what is now North Dakota were enumerated in the "unorganized" part of the Dakota Territory census population schedules along with people in what is now South Dakota. Those schedules included Fort Clark, Fort Union, Fort William, and Pembina, all in what is now North Dakota. In 1860 land west of the Missouri River technically was part of Nebraska Terrritory, but no locales on the Nebraska Territory census can be identified definitely as being in present-day North Dakota.
- In 1850 the only white residents in what is now North Dakota lived in what was then Pembina County, Minnesota Territory.