North Haven, Connecticut

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

North Haven is a town in New Haven County, Connecticut on the outskirts of New Haven, Connecticut.

In his will of 1714, the Reverend James Pierpont (1659–1714) of New Haven gave 8 acres to his neighbors in the Northeast Parish, as North Haven was called "provided those neighbors will set their meeting house there and make their training and burying there."

The first meeting house, completed in 1722, stood on the Green, west of what is now known as the Old Center Cemetery. About half of the original Pierpont gift remains today as the North Haven Green.

Principal communities

  • North Haven Center
  • Clintonville
  • Montowese
  • Green Acres
  • Ridge Road
  • Quinnipiac

Probate Records

New Haven Probate District covers North Haven.