Nova Scotia For Further Reading
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 02:31, 25 October 2010 by DiltsGD (t)
For more detailed information on records and research in Nova Scotia, see:
- Baxter, Angus. In Search of Your Canadian Roots. Baltimore, Md: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1989. (FHL book 971 D27ba.) Chapter 15 is about Nova Scotia.
- Canadiana Company Limited, a subsidiary of Grolier Society of Canada Limited. Encyclopedia Canadiana. 10 vols. Ottawa, 1957. (FHL book 030.71 En19.)
- Le Centre d'études acadiennes. Inventaire Général des Sources Documentaires Sur les Acadiens. 3 vols. Moncton, N.B.: Editions d’Acadie, 1975–1976. (FHL book 970 F2u.) This is an inventory of documents concerning Acadians up to 1976.
- Jonasson, Eric. The Canadian Genealogical Handbook. 2nd ed. Winnipeg: Wheatfield Press, 1978. (FHL book 971 D27j 1978.)
- Morris, Julie. Tracing Your Ancestors in Nova Scotia. Public Archives of Nova Scotia. Halifax, 1981. (FHL book 971.6 D27m.)
- Punch, Terrence M. Genealogical Research in Nova Scotia. 3rd ed. Petheric Press Ltd., Halifax, 1983. (FHL book 971.6 D27p 1983.)
- Punch, Terrence M. Genealogist's Handbook for Atlantic Canada Research. Boston, Mass.: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1989. (FHL book 971.5 D27pt.) The third section is about Nova Scotia.