Nueces County, Texas Genealogy
Guide to Nueces County Texas genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Adopted by TXGenWeb Nueces County
Marti Brown, County Coordinator
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
TXGenWeb Has photos and information on Nueces County.
Places / Localities
- TXGenWeb Cemeteries of Nueces County. This web site has all the cemeteries and some photos with links to find other sites.
- Chapman Ranch Cemetery, Corpus Christi
- Memory Gardens Cemetery, Corpus Christi
- St. Anthony's Cemetery, Robstown
- St. James Cemetery, Driscoll
Local histories are available for Nueces County, Texas Genealogy. County histories may include biographies, church, school and government history, and military information. For more information about local histories, see the wiki page section Texas Local Histories.
- Corpus Christi 1887 Panoramic Map from the Amon Carter Museum.
- Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the TXGenWeb site.
Additional newspapers abstracts can sometimes be found using search phrases such as Nueces County, Texas Genealogy newspapers in online catalogs like:
- TX Newspaper Abstracts (For instructions see WorldCat Online Catalog).
Probate records of Texas have been kept by the probate clerk in each county courthouse. You can obtain copies of the records from the clerk's office. In most counties, all information pertaining to a probate case is recorded in the "probate minutes."
Content: Probate Records may give the decedent's date of death, names of his or her spouse, children, parents, siblings, in-laws, neighbors, associates, relatives, and their places of residence.
Record types: Wills, estates, guardianships, naturalizations, marriage, adoption, and birth and death records.
See the Wiki page Texas Probate Records for information about how to use probate records.
Certified birth and death certificates or birth and death verifications can be ordered online or by mail at the Texas Vital Records State Department of Health. Copies can also be obtained from the County Clerk's office of the county where the event occurred and are often less expensive. You can also order them online through a third party company.
See Texas Vital Records for more information about Vital records in Texas.
- Nueces County Death Index from the Nueces County TXGenWeb site
- Nueces County Deaths 1964-1884
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the Texas Genweb site
- Family History Library Catalog
- TXGenWeb. Nueces County has index to lots of information on the history of the people and county.
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Nueces County, Texas. Page 671 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).