Difference between revisions of "Oceana County, Michigan Genealogy"
|(9 intermediate revisions by 5 users not shown)|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
''[[United States|United States]] [[Michigan]] Oceana County''
<br>County has from 1867 from 1868has of Deeds has land )./>
== History ==
== History ==
Revision as of 21:17, 12 April 2013
Guide to Oceana County Michigan genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Oceana County, Michigan|
Location of Michigan in the U.S.
|Founded||March 2, 1831|
|Address|| Oceana County Courthouse]|
100 State Street
Hart, MI 49420
Phone: (231) 873-4328
Oceana County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
County Clerk has birth and marriage records from 1867
and death records from 1868.
Clerk Circuit Court hasdivorce and court records.
Probate Court has probate records.
Register of Deeds has land records.
Civil War service men from Oceana County served in various regiments. Men often joined a regiment or a company (within a regiment)that originated in their county. Listed below are the military units that were formed in or had many men from Oceana County.
- Michigan Birth Registrations, 1867-1902 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of child, birthdate and place, if still-born, illegitimate or twin, gender, race and record number.
- Michigan Marriage Registrations, 1868-1925 -- Free name indexes at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as names of bride and groom, date of license, ages, race, residences, birthplaces, occupations and names of the fathers of the bride and groom.
- Michigan Death Registrations, 1867-1897-- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of deceased, date and place of death, gender, color, marital status, age in years, months and days, disease or apparent cause of death, birthplace, names and occupations of parents, and the date the record was made.
Open Wednesdays 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Societies and Libraries
Oceana County Historical & Genealogical Society
Research & Library Headquarters
114 Dryden St, Hart MI 49420
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Oceana County, Michigan page 349, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).