Oconee County, South Carolina Compiled Genealogies
- See also the main article on genealogical research in Oconee County, South Carolina.
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
Surname indexes to Leonardo Andrea's Files | Folders | Resources are available online, courtesy: The Andrea Files: South Carolina Genealogical Research. Learn more.
- Oconee County, SC Family History and Genealogy Message Board (Ancestry)
- Oconee County, SC Genealogy Forum (GenForum)
- [Ballenger] Knox, John Ballenger. The Ballenger Family of Oconee County, South Carolina. Seneca, S.C.: Grady Woodfin Ballenger, . FHL Book 929.273 B212k
- [Beck] Koyle, Susan Lewis and Patricia Lewis Cramer. Ancestors and Descendants of Colonel Samuel Beck and Tabitha Langston. 1997. FHL Book 929.273 B388k, film 2055371 Item 1; digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- [Cain] Malone, James T. and Royleta Clopton Malone. William Cain Sr. and His Descendants 1795-2000: With Allied Lines of Murdock, Gibson, Cole and Others, in the States of South Carolina, Georgia, Texas and Oklahoma. Hemet, Calif.: J.T. Malone, 2001. FHL 929.273 C123mj, film 1440386 Item 7
- [Davis] Mentzel, Laura W. Davis Families of the Savannah River Valley: Containing a Record of the Descendants of Van and Harmon Davis from 1725-1978, Covering the Counties of Newberry, Anderson, Pickens, Oconee Counties of South Carolina; Habersham, Franklin, Hart, Stephens, Polk, Paulding, Gwinnett Counties of Georgia. Salt Lake City, Utah: Hobby Press, 1978. FHL Book 929.273 D29mL, fiche 6100901 (6 fiche)
- [Gilmer] Walker, Robert B. Our Family Genealogy. Typescript. Microfilmed 1960. FHL film 209590 Item 4
- [Grant] Grant, Bishop Franklin (Mrs.). Grant Family of South Carolina. Typescript. FHL film 219477 Item 4
- [Hair] Hair, Thomas Lee. The Long Journey, a Family History, 1687-1991: Embracing an Account of the Arrivals, Movements, and Ultimate Dispersal of the Southern Branches and Descendants of Eleven Allied Families: Adams, Ballenger, Cleveland, Duke, Hair, Harbin, Lewis, Lyles, O'Kelley, Trail, Ward. Spartanburg, S.C.: Reprint Company Publishers, 1992. FHL Book 929.273 H127hL
- [Hunter] Hunter, Raymond E. The Hunters and Related Families in the Southeastern United States. Augusta, Ga.: R.E. Hunter, 1990. FHL Book 929.273 H916hr
- [Queen] Russell, Jerry Franklin. Red-Redd, Russell, Powell. MSS., 1989. FHL 1697474 Item 13
- [Shedd] Campbell, A.G. Those Other Trapps: Including Some Allied Persons. [Alpine, Calif.]: A.G. Campbell, 1992. FHL Book 929.273 T689ca, film 1750738 Item 25