Ohio County, Indiana Genealogy
- This article is about a southeastern county of Indiana. For other uses, see Ohio (disambiguation).
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Civil War service men from Ohio County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Ohio County.
- 1st Regiment, Indiana Heavy Artillery, Company M
- 2nd Battery, Indiana Light Artillery
- 6th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Reorganized Company H
- 7th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company I, and Reorganized C
- 20th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Reorganized C
- 52nd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Reorganized Company B
- 83rd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies B, and C
- 109th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies A, and G
- 142nd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company K
- 146th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company H
article on the Civil War
- West, J. Eberle, "Morgan's Raid",(Indiana Magazine of History 20, no. 1 (March 1924): 92-96.) 1863,Belmont County, Ohio (St. Clairesville) Abstract and Bibliographic Information article PDF
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Ohio County, Indiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).