Ohio For Further Reading
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 18:50, 4 October 2010 by DiltsGD (create page)
More detailed information about research and records in Ohio can be found in:
- Balhuizen, Anne Ross. The History of Your Heritage: Ohio. Centerville, Utah: Advanced Resources, 1993. (FHL book 977.1 A1 No. 542.)
- Bell, Carol Willsey. Ohio Genealogical Guide. 6th ed. Youngstown, Ohio: C.W. Bell, 1995. (FHL book 977.1 D27b 1995; 1978 ed. on film l036398 item 8.)
- Eichholz, Alice, ed. Red Book : American State, County, and Town Sources. 3rd ed. Provo, Utah: Ancestry, 2004. (FHL Collection Book 973 D27rb 2004.) WorldCat entry. Contains bibliographies and background information on history and ethnic groups. Also contains maps and tables showing when each county was created.
- Fenley, Ann. The Ohio Open Records Law and Genealogy: Researching Ohio Public Records. Dayton, Ohio: Ohio Connection, 1989. (FHL book 977.1 P3f.)
- Harter, Stuart. Ohio Genealogy and Local History Sources Index. [Ft. Wayne, Ind.: CompuGen Systems, 1986]. (FHL book 977.1 D27h.) List of books published about Ohio.
- Mettle, Suzanne Wolfe, and Nova Anderson Weller, comps. Genealogical Researcher's Manual: With Special References for Using the Ohio Historical Society Library. Columbus, Ohio: Ohio Genealogical Society, 1981. (FHL book 977.1 D27g.)
- Sperry, Kip. Genealogical Research in Ohio. Baltimore, Md.: Genealogical Publishing, 1997. (FHL book 977.1 D27sk.)
- Ohio Almanac. Lorain, Ohio: Lorain Journal Co., 1968. (FHL book 977.1 B5o.)