Ohio Compiled Genealogies
Most archives, historical societies, and genealogical societies have special collections and indexes of genealogical value. These must usually be searched in person. Some important collections of compiled Ohio genealogies are:
- Lineage societies, such as the National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR), Colonial Dames, General Society of Colonial Wars, the Sons of the American Revolution, and many others, require members to prove they are descended from certain people, such as colonists or soldiers. The applications for membership in these societies are preserved, and many are on microfilm at the Family History Library. The Register of U. S. Lineage Societies (mentioned in the "Societies") has addresses, lists of microfilmed records, and publications. See Ohio Societies for more information on the role Societies play with genealogical information.
- Genealogical Collection  Many volumes have individual indexes. This collection consists of transcripts of Bible, cemetery, church, marriage, death, obituary, and probate records.
- Genealogical Data Relating to Women in the Western Reserve Before 1840 (1850 This is a collection of information about pioneer women who lived in the Western Reserve prior to 1850.
- The Henry R. Baldwin Genealogical Records  It includes church, military, cemetery, court, and family data from eastern Ohio during 1867 to 1913.
An every-name index to this collection is:
- Index to the Henry R. Baldwin Genealogical Records 
- Ohio Genealogical Society, First Families of Ohio  Members of the Ohio Genealogical Society are submitting compiled family information in order to join First Families of Ohio. The collection consists of many types of vital information, including birth certificates, marriage records, and tombstone inscriptions.
- Ohio Society Colonial Dames XVII Century, Our Ancestor's Families The volume contains over 1,000 pages of indexed ancestor charts.
Other genealogical records of Ohio can be found in the Place Search of the The Family History Library Catalog under OHIO - GENEALOGY or OHIO, [COUNTY] - GENEALOGY.
- Daughters of the American Revolution (Ohio). Genealogical Collection. Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1970. (On 76 Family History Library films beginning with 862012.) It is arranged by county.
- Women's Department, Cleveland Centennial Commission, comp. Genealogical Data Relating to Women in the Western Reserve Before 1840 (1850). Columbus, Ohio: Ohio Historical Society, 1973. (Family History Library films 1009031-32; fiche 6087501.)
- Baldwin, Henry R. The Henry R. Baldwin Genealogical Records. 67 Volumes. Fort Wayne, Indiana: Allen County Public Library, 1983. (Family History Library book 977.1 D2bh; fiche 6051349.)
- Public Library of Youngstown and Mahoning County, comp. Index to the Henry R. Baldwin Genealogical Records. Fort Wayne, Indiana: Allen County Public Library, 1983. (Family History Library book 977.1 D2bh index; fiche 6051339.)
- Ohio Genealogical Society, First Families of Ohio. Bowling Green, Ohio: Center for Archival Collections, 1992, 1994. (On 81 Family History Library films beginning with 1912772.)
- Ohio Society Colonial Dames XVII Century, Our Ancestor's Families. N.p: The Society, 1988. (Family History Library book 977.1 D2o.)