Okaloosa County, Florida Genealogy
Guide to Okaloosa County Florida genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Okaloosa County, Florida|
Location in the state of Florida
Location of Florida in the U.S.
|Founded||June 3, 1915|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Okaloosa County Courthouse
101 E James Lee Boulevard
Crestview, FL 32536
County Judge has marriage and probate records.
Clerk Circuit Court has divorce, court and land records from 1915. 
Places / Localities
- Tombstone Transcription Project
- Find A Grave website (Okaloosa)
- Publication "Cemeteries of Okaloosa County" (Three Volumes); Genealogical Society of Okaloosa County.
- Family History Library Catalog, partial listing; microfilm format, surveys done by members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Burials and cemeteries on government property (Eglin Air Force Base):
- Okaloosa and Walton County Cemeteries, including some on government property (Eglin AFB)
- Finally, it should be noted that an examination of Santa Rosa County cemeteries may be appropriate, as it was one of two parent counties that produced Okaloosa County.
For tips on accessing Okaloosa County, Florida Genealogy census records online, see: Florida Census.
Societies and Libraries
- An excellent guide to museums and libraries can be found at the Genealogical Society of Okaloosa County web site
Of particular note, in so far as family histories and genealogy is concerned are the following:
- Valparaiso Community Library: Contains a dedicated genealogy section. "The Louise K. Fitzgarrald Genealogy Department boasts one of the finest genealogy collections in the state of Florida. Over 7,000 volumes of printed materials and 1,200 microfilm reels from Federal Census records and other references are available for use. The library also offers free access to subscription based online genealogical services."
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Okaloosa County, Florida Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Okaloosa County, FLGenWeb Project, Inc.
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Okalossa County, Florida Page 136 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).