Oktibbeha County, Mississippi Genealogy
Guide to Oktibbeha County Mississippi genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Oktibbeha County Courthouse
101 E Main Street
Starkville, MS 39759
Clerk Chancery Court has divorce, probate and
court records from 1880 and land records from 1834.
Clerk Circuit Court has marriage records. 
1833--Oktibbeha County was created 23 December 1833 from the Choctaw Cession.
County seat: Starkville 
1880--Some records were lost.
Places / Localities
For tips on accessing Oktibbeha County, Mississippi Genealogy census records online, see: Mississippi Census.
- Civil War service men from Oktibbeha County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Oktibbeha County.
- - 2nd Battalion, Mississippi Infantry [became the 48th Regiment, Missippi Infantry]
- Company - Oktibbeha Reserve [or "Oktibbeha Rescue" -- records not clear], aka Capt. Joel P. Rogers’ Company [also known as Co. K]
- - 8th Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry (formerly 19th Battalion Mississippi Cavalry (Duff's)
- Company I - Robinson’s Company
- - 48th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry [from the 2nd Battalion, Mississippi Infantry]
- Oktibbeha Reserve [or "Oktibbeha Rescue" -- records not clear], aka Capt. Joel P. Rogers’ Company [also known as Co. K]
- - Perrin's Battalion, Mississippi State Cavalry
- Company F - Montgomery’s Company
- Company I - Bookter’s Company
- - 11th Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company E - Gholson Guards
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Oktibbeha County, Mississippi page 381, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).