Online Index of Deaths, 1872-1985, for British Columbia, Canada
This site provides a way to search for individuals who died in British Columbia, 1872-1930. The indexes include 3,423 names from World War Two overseas casualties covering the years 1940-1945.
- Name of person
- Place of Registration
- Registration Number
- Canada Archives Microfilm Number
- Family History Library (GSU) Microfilm Number
Option: search Google.com for keywords Vital Event Indexes British Columbia
Using the site
- In step 1, click the box next to Deaths (1872-1985).
- In step 2, type the name and information of the person you want to find.
- Click Start Search.
- To see a printer-friendly view, click the underlined number to the left of a person's name.
- Birth, death and marriage certificates are not the same as vital registrations. Registration records may contain more information than appears on a certificate. Certificates contain information extracted from the original registration record.
- To learn how to order a copy of a certificate or registration, go to the Vital Statistics Agency at http://www.vs.gov.bc.ca/index.html?SMSESSION=NO.
- Read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).