Orange County, North Carolina Genealogy
|Orange County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Orange County North Carolina
200 S Cameron St
Hillsborough, NC 27278
Courthouse burned 1789
Reg of Deeds has B & D rec from 1913
m & land rec from 1754, div rec from 1869
pro rec from 1756 & ct rec from 1865
Orange county created from Bladen,
Granville, Johnson 31 Mar 1752
For tips on accessing Orange County, North Carolina Genealogy census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
- [Clendenin] White, Jo White. "Clendenin of Orange County, North Carolina: An Exercise in Southern Genealogical Problem Solving," The Genealogist, Vol. 6, No. 2 (Fall 1985):186-190.
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
- -1st Regiment, North Carolina Infantry, usually known as the Bethel Regiment.
- -1st Regiment, North Carolina Infantry
- -6th Regiment, North Carolina Infantry
- -11th Regiment, North Carolina Infantry
- UNC Black Student Movement Newspapers (1969-1981) -- available from the NC Digital Heritage Center
- North Carolina Newspaper Digitization Project, North Carolina State Archives. Search full text newspapers published in Hillsboro.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).