Oregon Censuses Existing and Lost
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 02:11, 29 January 2010 by KirkBE
|Oregon: Existing and Lost Federal Census Schedules|
|Exact Date||Population Schedules||Veterans/ Pensioners||Slave Owners||Mortality||Agricultural||Industrial/ Manufacturers||Defective||Indian|
|1940 Apr 1||Public release in 2012||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1930 Apr 1||Exist||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1920 Jan 1||Exist||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1910 Apr 15||Exist||-||-||-||-||-||-||Exist|
|1900 Jun 1||Exist||-||-||-||-||-||-||Exist|
|1890 Jun 2||Lost||Exist||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1880 Jun 1||Exist||-||-||Exist||Lost||Exist||Exist||-|
|1870 Jun 1||Exist||-||-||Exist||Exist||Exist||-||-|
|1860 Jun 1||Exist||-||-||Exist||Exist||Exist||-||-|
|1850 Jun 1||Exist (Oregon Territory)||-||-||Exist||Exist||Exist||-||-|
Territorial and States Censuses
There are existing territorial and state censuses for Oregon from 1842 to at least 1905. The FHLC catalog is not doing justice to the information. Dsammy 00:05, 1 September 2009 (UTC)
|Oregon: Existing and Lost State Census Schedules|
|Exact Date||Population Schedules|
|The state censuses that were taken were all statistical; there are several "few counties" censuses, which are much smaller than the 1849 below.|
|1849||Exist only in the counties of Champoeg, Clackamas, Clatsop, Lewis (part of Wastington State), Linn, Polk, Twality (now Washington County), Vancouver (part of Washington State), and Yamhill.|
Sources and Notes
- Anne Bruner Eales, and Robert M Kvasnicka, ed., Guide to Genealogical Research in the National Archives of the United States, 3d ed. (Washington, D.C.: NARA, 2000), 38.
- William Thorndale, and William Dollarhide, Map Guide to the U.S. Federal Censuses, 1790-1920 (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1987), 281-288.
- William Dollarhide, The Census Book: A Genealogists Guide to Federal Census Facts, Schedules and Indexes (Bountiful, Utah: Heritage Quest, 1999), 117.
- Only for Indian schedules taken along with Federal population schedules.
- Ann S. Lainhart, State Census Records (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992), 97-98.
- Henry J. Dubester, State Censuses: An Annotated Bibliography of Censuses of Population Taken After the Year 1790 by States and Territories of the United States (Washington, D.C.: U.S. Government Printing Office, 1948), 53-54, 71.