Orem Utah Geneva Heights Family History Center
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Orem Utah Geneva Heights Family History Center is sponsored and supported by the Aspen, Timpview, and Geneva Heights Stakes. Housed in the Geneva Heights Stake Center building, we have a central faciity and two dedicated classrooms providing thirteen computers, each equipped with dual monitors and complete Internet access to premium sites through the Family History Portal. Each of our classrooms have Internet connectivity and projection screens. Patrons can either sign in with our computers or connect their own laptops to our Internet services. Wireless Internet is also available. All FHC computers are equipped with the latest versions of personal management software, including Ancestral Quest, Legacy, and RootsMagic.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 590 North 500 West, Orem, UT 84057
- The Center is located in the southwest corner of the Orem Geneva Heights Stake Center and has ADA-compatible access.
- (Link to map using Google or other map sites)
Phone: (801) 222-0201
Monday: 9:00AM - 3:00PM
Tuesday - Thursday: 9:00AM - 9:00PM
Friday: 9:00AM - 3:00PM; 6:00PM - 9:00PM
Saturday: 9:00AM - Noon
Holiday Schedule: We are closed on all recognized State and Federal Holidays.
Calendar and Events
Annual Fireside: November 13, 2011 @ 7:00PM. Geneva Heights Stake Center. Sue Maxwell, 1st Vice President of the Utah Genealogical Association will be the speaker.
2nd Sunday @ 7:00PM: Ancestral Quest
4th Sunday @ 7:00PM: RootsMagic
Staff Training Meetings:
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)