Orem Utah Geneva Heights Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Orem Utah Geneva Heights Family History Center is sponsored and supported by the Aspen, Timpview, and Geneva Heights Stakes. Housed in the Geneva Heights Stake Center building, we have a central faciity and two dedicated classrooms providing thirteen computers, each equipped with dual monitors and complete Internet access to premium sites through the Family History Portal. Each of our classrooms have Internet connectivity and projection screens. Patrons can either sign in with our computers or connect their own laptops to our Internet services. Wireless Internet is also available. All FHC computers are equipped with the latest versions of personal management software, including Ancestral Quest, Legacy, and RootsMagic.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 546 North 500 West, Orem, UT 84057
- The Center is located in the southwest corner of the Orem Geneva Heights Stake Center and has ADA-compatible access.
- See map to get to the Geneva Heights Family History Center
Phone: (801) 222-0201
Monday: 9:00AM - 3:00PM
Tuesday - Thursday: 9:00AM - 9:00PM
Friday: 9:00AM - 3:00PM; 6:00PM - 9:00PM
Saturday: 9:00AM - Noon
Holiday Schedule: We are closed on all recognized State and Federal Holidays.
Calendar and Events
Annual Fireside: November 13, 2011 @ 7:00PM. Geneva Heights Stake Center. Sue Maxwell, 1st Vice President of the Utah Genealogical Association will be the speaker.
2nd Sunday @ 7:00PM: Ancestral Quest
4th Sunday @ 7:00PM: RootsMagic
Staff Training Meetings:
3rd Sunday of each month (except August and December) @ 7:00PM. All are invited, whether staff or not.
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- The Center has approximately 450 films on permanent loan.
- Several books, including those on early Utah pioneers, Nauvoo baptisms, and research guidelines are available.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- The Center has 13 computers, each with Internet access and dual monitors. In addition, we have two microfilm readers and two fiche readers.
Director Contact Information:
If you have special needs, wish to schedule group visits or classes, or cannot visit us during our regular hours, you may contact our director to make special appointments:
Volunteer at the Center
Whether LDS Church member or not, we are always looking for qualified volunteers to staff our Center. Shifts are three hours in length:
- 9:00AM - Noon
- Noon - 3:00PM
- 3:00PM - 6:00PM
- 6:00PM - 9:00PM
If you are interested in serving with us, please contact our director either by phone or email as listed above. ----Adding details to a FHC page article.