Orem Utah Sharon Park Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Anyone is welcome to visit our center. We specifically serve four Orem LDS stakes: Sharon Park, Orem North, Canyon View, Orem East. Our director is Carolyn Firzgarrald who can be reached at 1-801-224-5618 for tours or special appointments.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 85 East 700 North, Orem, Utah 84057
- Enter from the back of the building, the door on the right. The family history center is the first door to the left. If the outside door is locked ring the bell to alert the consultant you are there.
- Google Map to - Orem Utah Sharon Park Family History Center
- Sunday 5:00 P.M. - 7:30 P.M.
- Wednesday 10:00 A.M. - 3:30 P.M.
- Thursday 10:00 A.M. - 3:30 P.M.
Holiday Schedule: Closed
- Christmas Holidays 2011 (Dec 20-Jan 3)
- President's Day weekend 2012 (Feb 18-20)
- LDS General Conference 2012 (Mar 31-Apr 1)
- Mother's Day 2012 (May 13)
- Memorial Day weekend 2012 (May 26-28)
- Father's Day 2012 (June 17)
- Independence Day 2012 (July 4)
- Pioneer Day 2012 (July 24)
- BYU Education Week 2012 (Aug 13-17)
- Labor Day Weekend 2012 (Sep 1-3)
- LDS General Conference 2012 (Oct 6-7)
- Thanksgiving Holidays 2012 (Nov 21-25)
- Christmas Holidays 2012 (Dec 20-Jan 2)
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Resources include: a large collection of books, family histories, census books for Britain and United States, Automated Archives CDs of Vital Records, Pedigree Resource Files, Mormon Immigration Index and Western Europe Vital Records Index
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 9 computers, 2 microfilm readers, 3 fiche readers, a printer [note: we do not have the ability to print from microfilm or microfiche]
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Orem FamilySearch Center (training center)
Utah County (includes links to neighboring Family History Centers)
----Adding details to a FHC page article.