Orem Utah Sunset Heights Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 The Orem Utah Sunset Heights Multi-Stake Family History Center
- 2 Holiday Schedule:
- 3 World Vital Records by Bob Gunnell
- 4 Indexing by Jed Robinson
- 5 Ancestry 1 by Cheryl Fugal
- 6 Clearing Names for Temple Work and Printing FORs by Lana and Dennis Herre
- 7 Ancestry 2 by Cheryl Fugal
The Orem Utah Sunset Heights Multi-Stake Family History Center
We serve patrons in the four stake area of Cherry Hill, Lakeview, Sunset Heights and Vineyard. The location is adjacent to Utah Valley University.
• One-on-one assistance
• Free access to subscription websites
• Classes on Family Tree, FamilySearch, subscription websites and various research topics
Center Contacts and Hours Location
- Address: 1260 South 400 West, Orem, Utah
- Ring bell to gain access. Get a parking pass from center for use before 3 pm.
Check out our webpage: http://sunsetheightsfhc.wordpress.com/
- Monday, Thursday and Friday: 10 am to 4 pm
- Tuesday and Wednesday: 10 am to 4 pm and 6:30 pm to 9 pm
(Call after 8pm. If no patrons are at center, staff may close the center.)
Group Reservation: Contact or email Directors: Cheryl and Ken Fugal, 801-221-4774, email@example.com
- Closed for Christmas and New Years - Monday, December 16 thru Wednesday, January 1, 2014
- Closed Martin Luther King Day - Monday January 20, 2014
- Closed General Conference - Saturday April 5, 1014
- Closed Preidents Day - Monday, February 17, 2014
- Closed General Conference – Saturday, April 5, 1014
- Closed Memorial Day weekend - Saturday, May 24 and Monday May 26, 2014
- Closed Independence Day – Friday, July 4, and Saturday July 5, 2014
- Closed Pioneer Day – Thursday, July 24
- Closed Labor Day – Monday, September 1, 2014
- Closed General Conference – Saturday, October 4, 2014
- Closed Friday October 31 after 4pm, 2014
- Closed Thanksgiving - Wednesday after 1pm, thru Saturday, November 26-29, 2014
- Closed for Christmas and New Years - Monday, December 22 thru Thursday, January 1, 2014
All classes taught at Sunset Heights FHC. Our Focus this year is to teach you how to use the many tools found on FamilySearch.
We offer BASIC HELP any time we ore open in three areas:
Getting Started with Your Family History Using Family Tree Using Family Search
Writers Workshop every Wed @ 3 pm by Henry Miles
A fun approach to writing your family history in “one experience essays.” To prepare for class, attendees should choose one experience to write about and come to class prepared to relate that experience orally.
Other classes are 1st and 3rd Tues each month at 11 am and 1st and 3rd Thurs at 7 pm.
World Vital Records by Bob Gunnell
Thurs, January 16, 2014, 7pm – 8pm or Tues, January 21, 2014 11 am- 12 noon. Learn how to navigate your way through “World Vital Records” as you search for your ancestors. World Vital Records is a premium web site (available free at the FHC) with records collections from around the world.
Indexing by Jed Robinson
Tues Feb 4th @ 11 am or Thurs Feb 6th @ 7 pm
Ancestry 1 by Cheryl Fugal
Learn how to navigate through Ancestry.com’s 12 billion historical records and 55 million family trees to help search out your family history. This is the first of 3 classes that will be offered and is an overview of the records available.
Tues Feb 18 @ 11 am or Thurs Feb 20 @ 7 pm
Clearing Names for Temple Work and Printing FORs by Lana and Dennis Herre
Tues Mar 4th @ 11 am or Thurs Mar 6th @ 7 pm
Ancestry 2 by Cheryl Fugal
Tues, Mar 18 @ 11 am or Thurs, Mar 20 @ 7 pm