Difference between revisions of "Otoe County, Nebraska Genealogy"
(worked on breadcrumbs)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
''[[United States|United States
''[[United States|United States]] [[Nebraska]] Otoe County''
|Line 26:||Line 26:|
== History ==
== History ==
Revision as of 21:09, 11 December 2012
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Otoe County Courthouse
1021 Central Ave; PO Box 249
Nebraska City, NE 68410-0249
County Clerk has marriage, divorce and court records.
County Judge has probate records.
Register of Deeds has land records. 
A list of cemeteries of Otoe County is available on the county's GenWeb site, with links to transcripts and photographs of tombstones for some of those cemeteries.
For tips on accessing Otoe County, Nebraska Genealogy census records online, see: Nebraska Census.
Early migration routes to and from Otoe County, Nebraska Genealogy for European and African American settlers included:
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Otoe County, Nebraska page 433, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in Oregon National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/oreg/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in California National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/cali/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- National Park Service, "Auto Tour Route Maps" in Mormon Pioneer National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/mopi/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).