Ottawa County, Oklahoma Genealogy
Ottawa County, Oklahoma genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Ottawa County, Oklahoma|
| Map of Oklahoma highlighting Ottawa County|
Location in the state of Oklahoma
Location of Oklahoma in the U.S.
|Founded||July 16, 1907|
|Address|| Ottawa County Courthouse|
102 E. Central
Miami, Oklahoma 74354
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1907--Ottawa County was created 16 July 1907 from Indian Territory.
County seat: Miami 
Courtesy of 'Oklahoma Cemeteries':
GAR Cemetery, Miami, Ottawa County, OK submitted by Donna Dryer
For tips on accessing Ottawa County, Oklahoma Genealogy census records online, see: Oklahoma Census.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Map of Ottawa County townships (Histopolis)
- American - newspaper of Fairland, OK. Full-text digital issues in Google News Archive; covers 2006-2009
- Newspaperarchive.com ($) has historical newspapers available on-line. Their database has Joplin, Missouri newspapers and Neosho, Missouri newspapers from the early 1900's that covered local news that included residents from Ottawa County communities.
Santa Fe New Mexican dated July 27, 1935 - "After masquerading most of her life as a boy, Alice Delores (George) Hayes, 20, Picher, Okla., shoe clerk, was "married" to Margaret Lavernia Fowler, 14 of Galena, Kas. At left the bride in the arms of the "groom". Right, Delores as "George" The marriage was annulled. (Associated Press photos)
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog