Page County, Virginia Compiled Genealogies
Has anyone studied my Page County, Virginia Genealogy before?
More than a dozen family history books and articles have been published about Page County's families.
- Main article: Page County, Virginia
Compiled genealogies that treat multiple Page County families include:
- O'Dell, Cecil. Pioneers of Old Frederick County, Virginia. Marceline, Mo.: Walsworth Pub. Co., 1995. FHL Collection. One of the most impressively researched one-place studies in the United States. In a review, Dorman stated "Comprehensive studies such as this appear only rarerly. This volume should be in every Virginia genealogical collection."
- Pollock, Michael E. and Lineage Search Associates. Frederick Findings. Mechanicsville, Va.: Lineage Search Associates, 1988-1997. FHL Book 975.59 D25f.
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Braun] West, Klaus and Joseph H. Meyerhoeffer. Shenandoah Valley Family Data, 1799-1813, From the Memorandum Book of Pastor Johannes Braun. Edinburg, Va.: Shenandoah History Publishers, 1978. FHL Book 975.5 K2bjo.
- [Duncan] Dobson, Mary Ann Duncan. Duncan Research Files of Mary Ann (Duncan) Dobson. MSS. 1975-1999. FHL Film 795593 Item 1 Includes Page County Duncans.
- [Good] Good, William Algernon. Shadowed by the Massanutten: A History of Life Along Smith Creek, the Good Family Genealogy, and Civil War Notes. Broadway, Va.: W.A. Good, 1992. FHL Collection 975.59 H2g
- [Lampton] Keith, Clayton. Sketch of the Lampton Family in America, 1740-1914. Louisiana, Mo.: C. Keith, 1914. FHL Collection 1321273 Item 10; digital version at Ancestry ($).
- [Mauck] Mauck Family Bible of Robert P. Mauck Born 1742, Died 1903 Gallia, Ohio; Page & Shenandoah Counties Virginia; Also Includes Ruffner of Page County Va., Rothgeb of Page County Va. MSS. FHL Collection CD-ROM no. 1293
- [Miller] Campbell, Judith A. The Miller Family of Page County, Virginia, Descendants of Anna Mary Miller Printz, Katherine Miller Shaffer, Frances Miller Printz, Henry H. Miller, Philip Miller & John Miller Jr. Rileyville, Va.: J.A. Campbell, 1994. FHL Collection 929.273 M612cj; digital version at Family History Archives.
- [Page] Rutherford, Dolores Crumrine. Page Family Records in Virginia Counties. 2 vols. Carmichael, Calif.: D.C. Rutherford, 1982-2006. FHL Book 929.273 P141rdc v. 2 [Page County appears in Vol. 2 Part 4]
- [Pritchett] Pritchett, David L. Samuel Pritchett, b. abt 1772, of Shenandoah, Page Co., Va. MSS., microfilmed 1976. FHL Collection 928176 Item 31
- [Ruffner] Mauck Family Bible of Robert P. Mauck Born 1742, Died 1903 Gallia, Ohio; Page & Shenandoah Counties Virginia; Also Includes Ruffner of Page County Va., Rothgeb of Page County Va. MSS. FHL Collection CD-ROM no. 1293
- [Rothgeb] Mauck Family Bible of Robert P. Mauck Born 1742, Died 1903 Gallia, Ohio; Page & Shenandoah Counties Virginia; Also Includes Ruffner of Page County Va., Rothgeb of Page County Va. MSS. FHL Collection CD-ROM no. 1293
- [Sours] Campbell, Judith A. The Sours Family of Page County, Virginia: Descendants of Frederick and Balser Sours. Rileyville, Va.: J.A. Campbell, 1995. FHL Collection 929.273 So84s; digital version at Family History Archives.
- [Stover] Eagleson, Pamela Stone. In Search of an Ancestry, the Stone-Shearmire Family History. Kennebunk, Me.: P.S. Eagleson, 1984. FHL Book 929.273 St72e.
- John Frederick Dorman, "Review of Pioneers of Old Frederick County, Virginia," in The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 39, No. 3 (Jul.-Sep. 1995):236.