Pasco County, Florida Genealogy
Guide to Pasco County Florida genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Pasco County, Florida|
Location in the state of Florida
Location of Florida in the U.S.
|Founded||June 2, 1887|
|County Seat||New Port Richey|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Pasco County Courthouse
38053 live Oak Ave
New Port Richey, FL 33523
Clerk Circuit Court has divorce, court and land records
and land recoords from 1887, marriage and probate records. 
Places / Localities
Cemetery records found in the Family History Library
For tips on accessing Pasco County, Florida Genealogy census records online, see: Florida Census.
Church records and the information they provide vary significantly depending on the denomination and the record keeper. They may contain information about members of the congregation, such as age, date of baptism, christening, or birth; marriage information and maiden names; and death date. For general information about Florida denominations, view the Florida Church Records wiki page.
Land and property records can place an ancestor in a particular location, provide economic information, and reveal family relationships. Land records include: deeds, abstracts and indexes, mortgages, leases, grants and land patents.
See Florida Land and Property for additional information about early Florida land grants. After land was transferred to private ownership, subsequent transactions were usually recorded at the county courthouse and where records are currently housed.
Local histories are available for Pasco County, Florida Genealogy. County histories may include biographies, church, school and government history, and military information. For more information about local histories see the wiki page section Florida Local Histories.
Additional newspapers abstracts can sometimes be found using search phrases such as Pasco County, Florida Genealogy newspapers in online catalogs like:
Probate records are held by the Pasco County, Florida Genealogy Clerk of Court and are housed at the Pasco County, Florida Genealogy Courthouse. See the wiki page Florida Probate Records for information about how to use probate records.
Content: Probate Records may give the decedent's date of death, names of his or her spouse, children, parents, siblings, in-laws, neighbors, associates, relatives, and their place of residence.
Record types: Wills, estates, guardianships, naturalizations, and adoptions.
Taxes were levied on free white males over 21 and slaves aged 21 to 60. These persons are referred to as "polls." Tax listings, or digests, of a county generally list the taxable landowners and other polls and the amount of tax. The records for each county are divided by militia district. For more information see the wiki page Florida Taxation.
Vital Records consist of births, adoptions, marriages, divorces, and deaths recorded on registers, certificates, and documents. A copy or an extract of most original records can be purchased from the Florida Department of Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics, the County Clerk's office of the county where the event occurred or order electronically online. See also How to order Florida Vital Records
For some online statewide indexes, see the FamilySearch Historical Record Collections for Florida.
- 1887-1916 - Pasco County Marriage Index 1887-1916. Batch M747219 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1903-1927 - Pasco County Marriage Index 1903-1927. Batch M747161 at FamilySearch - free.
- Pasco County, Florida Obituary and Death Notice Collection Free from GenealogyBuff.com. Funerals and obituaries from New Port Richey, Zephyrhills, Dade City, San Antonio, St. Leo and Aripeka.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Pasco County, Florida Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Pasco County, FLGenWeb Project, Inc.
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Pasco County, Florida Page 136 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/3/3f/Igifloridamz.pdf.