Patron Rules for the Family History Library
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 21:50, 23 January 2008 by WilliamsDa (Added a category)
The patron rules can be found at the FHL web site.
The rules as of June 2007 are:
- Set cellular phones to silence or vibrate. Phones should not "ring" in the Library. Quiet cell phone conversations are permitted in the Library. Please be respectful of those around you. Library staff is authorized to request that patrons discontinue phone conversations.
- Do not leave personal belongings such as purses, laptops, cameras, cell phones, etc. unattended. The library is not responsible for items that are lost, stolen, or damaged.
- If you plan to vacate a microfilm reader for more than 60 minutes or a computer for more than 15 minutes, please take your material with you. Access Assistants or Security officers may clear the work station if demand is high.
- Please handle the equipment, books, and other materials carefully.
- Please re-file microfilms and return books to the red shelves in the row from which they came.
- When using photocopy equipment, please limit yourself to five copies when others are waiting.
- If readers or copiers malfunction, please inform an Access Assistant at the Access Services window. An "out of order" sign will be placed on non-operational equipment until it can be repaired.
- Announcements are made 45 minutes and 15 minutes prior to closing of the Library, please leave the Library prior to closing time.
- Food and drinks are permitted only in the main floor snack room. (Water bottles with closed lids are permitted.)
- Children under twelve must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the building or on the grounds.
- Please use the Patron Feedback link on patron computers to share rewarding experiences, compliments, suggestions, and concerns.
- Please observe all posted instructions